Wednesday, November 7, 2007

Crazy people with guns and knives

So the guys i work with are kinda hard core about hunting and living a manly life so i thought i'd post something that i thought was pretty amazing that a couple of them did for what i'll call "kicks and giggles."

Hi... my name is Cow. I live in---

"Not anymore you don't. I'm man. I eat you."


Goodbye cow. You'll be tasty in my belly.

There's something Da Vinci about this picture. Yes?


My friend Mik....who looks WAY too happy next to Cow's leg.


Here they are slicing his leggy up and taking out the bone.


Mik with the femur bone. Jessica, here is a visual for your cow bone story. Isn't it huge and scary?


I think Mik told me they cut up this cow for 3 hours to separate the meat for all the families that went in on the purchase of the cow. That's my work friend, Ammon in the black shirt.

So as you can tell... preparing meat is a bit more complicated and intense than one would imagine. Think about that next time you visit your butcher and simply stick your money out in exchange for a slab of this nature-ly goodness. That is all.. Enjoy the goriness of these pictures. (you especially jessica)

8 comments:

Anonymous said...

Yep, that looks like the bone Jessica was describing...haha...so glad I don't have a pregnancy nose anymore!!

Jessica the Jacked LDS said...

I'm having flashbacks of the death smell. That is EXACTLY what the bone looked like...identical!

Unknown said...

*hurl*

Enos Heinzen said...

You know, the problem i see with having a separate "family" blog is that.... well you rarely post family stuff. It kind of happens in waves. You went a while with out any family stuff, then you just recently did a bunch of family crap felt like it over crowded your art blog so you made the separation .....but now, you have had a dead cow on here for days! days Lindsay! Come On! (Gob's voices)

David and Teresa said...

I agree with Enos. One blog is OK even if it has art and family stuff.
Dad

David and Teresa said...

Mother says that she does not like the cow story. I feel sorry for him. It makes me sad. I will think of that the next time I eat a burger. I hope it doesn't mar my feelings about burgers. How will I ever cope again. Well, as far as 2 blogs go, I cannot phathom one much less 2. I am glad all my family is blogging and I can just enjoy them. I love you all. Mother

David and Teresa said...

I just realized that I have been to this blog before. The comment before this one is from me. I told you I did not know about this blog. I must have thought I was on the other blog of yours when i was actually here. Anyway, I still hate the cow story and blood. How horrible.
Love mother

Carlotta said...

I just LOST my lunch!