Saturday, February 28, 2009
2. sometimes i chat with enos on gmail chat when i'm sitting right next to him and we're on our computers.
3. sometimes i annoy Lucas because he's too cute and i wanna squeeze him like Chris Farley did to those rolls on Tommy Boy.
4. sometimes i forget how much money we DON'T have and spend it on something that makes me or other people smile anyway.
5. sometimes i wish i had more clutter so i could organize it... i love organizing.
6. sometimes i take my life for granted until i have an unexpected overnight hospital visit with Lucas... then i'm grateful just to sit on my own couch and hold my baby WITHOUT wires hanging off of him.
7. sometimes i wish enos was unemployed so we could play all day.
8. sometimes i get so hot after a shower that i wanna scream and run outside naked just to cool off.
9. sometimes i'm bored and don't wanna do anything to change that.
10. sometimes i make lists.
Wednesday, February 25, 2009
Tuesday, February 24, 2009
2. Alright... so we arrived at the hospital and i'm having contractions and they hurt REALLY bad and the nurse... who aPPARENTLY is new... felt to see how dilated i was and said... "oh my gosh!! you're an eight!!!"... i was like WHOA... and then she said... "no wait.. you're a two".... what? really? are you THAT retarded? whatever. (she's made multiple numbers on this list)
3. Same nurse--So then she says in order to see if i can stay they'll keep me there and make me drink absurd amounts of water and apple juice... if i'm dehydrated and it's false labor, the contractions will go away... well.. i drank all that apple juice... mind you.. still having the worst pain i've had in my LIFE and i'm like... can't you guys give me something for the pain while i wait? and she's like... no....
4. Her again-- Then an hour later she says... here is some morphine... if you take this and your contractions are still there, we'll keep you here and start the epidural.... wait... you couldn't have given me this WHILE i was drinking all that apple juice? Why are you prolonging my pain!!!!!
5. So then she starts loading up the morphine shot and says she's gonna put it in my hip/butt... all of the sudden i get really queezy because of all that apple juice i had to drink in one hour... i was like, "i think i'm gonna throw up" so i sit up and enos runs to get that little pink plastic container to catch it in... now, either she's really stupid, has bad hearing or is just plain mean because RIGHT as i start throwing up she jabs that needle into my butt... i was REALLY annoyed and trying to ask her if she HAD to do that while i'm throwing up... but of course i was throwing up so it sounded more like this... "do you----BLAG---have to---BLAG---do that while i'm---BLAG".... so YEAH.... also..she talked too much and thought she was funny....really? i'm in labor!!!!
6. Well after the baby was all pushed out and things were fine i started to notice the INSANE amount of swollen-ness in my body... i know this is normal but i totally wasn't expecting it and it was just so ridiculous looking... i looked like the pillsbury dough boy... it was AWESOME. HAH
Now for...the nursey....
7. Since Lucas had problems he was confined to the nursery but i was allowed in any time i wanted... and so i'd go a LOT. The daytime nurses were nice and fun.... but the NIGHTTIME nurses were a BLAST. It was like working at Sensory Sweep again and pulling an all-nighter.... there was this one nurse who's ER husband came in and was showing us a youtube video of someone popping their abscess... WOW... YUCK. it was SO nasty and we were all screaming at how gross it was... But yeah.. it was too funny.
8. Another fun activity we did was rename all of the babies because... since i live in a poorer part of town.. they all had dumb white trash names like.... Heavyn (yes.. that's how it was spelled,too)... Gabriel Dusty (ew) and Raya Sunshine.... really? REALLY?
9. On this same note... the amount of irritating things that white trash people did while they were there bothered everyone....me, enos... the nurses... they would bring like fifty people in the nursery even though they were told only two were aloud and they'd all be dressed in pj's like they were all living in there and the mother who just gave birth would be wearing a tight tank top with her pudge hanging out... and they'd loiter outside the nursery door in their big baggy pants and greasy receding hair, checking you out when you went to the nursery...carrying their brand new digital video cameras to film their baby while talking about medicaid...... it made me so mad. I know i know... they have feelings too... but you know what? they were really rude to the nurses and treated them like... "you gotta do anything i tell ya to" and would complain about EVERYTHING. HOW ANNOYING!!!
Now let's move on to our hospital room...
10. So... there were these hospital volunteers that would come into your room with only a quick knock and then prance right into the room with a smile on their face... announce, "i'm a volunteer here at the hospital... is there anything i can get for you?"... now normally this would be a kind gesture, right? well... accept if the following happens MULTIPLE times.... i'm pumping... "i'm a volunteer here at the hospital... is there anything i can get for you?".... i'm pooping...."i'm a volunteer here at the hospital... is there anything i can get for you?"..... i'm SLEEPING and they wake me up!!!! "i'm a volunteer here at the hospital... is there anything i can get for you?".... OH MY GOSH!!! go aWAY!!!! privacy maybe???
11. On the flip side... my nurses were great... they would let me sleep and i'd wake up to a full container of water at my bedside or a couple of graham crackers... what sweethearts. One even gave me a good piece of advice, "now... when you have your first poo... (yes she said poo)... brace yourself...it's gonna intense!" and then she proceded to laugh. They really were great and friendly... I'm glad i chose the hospital i chose... even if it DID mean dealing with weirdo white trash people... i mean, hey... they make it interesting right?
12. And with that.... i'm done.....I hate ending on 11. Sorry this list is so disjointed... i had a very quirmy baby on my lap as i typed it up. :)
Friday, February 20, 2009
So a few days ago i called the doctor to tell them about my bodily aches and how i think i have an infection... the nurse said that she'd prescribe me some antibiotics for that and send it to the pharmacy of my choice... i told her... "the draper walmart"... stupid me.. i meant to say the SOUTH JORDAN walmart... but i wouldn't realize i'd said this until i got home from trying to pick UP the antibiotics.... SO.... here's how it went.............I load up the babe and we're off to walmart... i didn't put on my wedding ring because, well... it doesn't fit right now and it was cold outside so i slipped on my Led Zepplin hoodie not realizing how badly i was setting myself up FOR a white trash moment. After i drive there, i put lucas, still in his car seat in the cart at walmart... he fills up the whole space with my purse and his diaper bag and yeah... it looks ridiculous... Then i start sweating.. because that's what happens nowadays with these hormones leaving my body... so then my makeup starts coming off and i'm waiting in line at the pharmacy and asking this girl at the counter about my antibiotics.. she says that nobody called them in.... WHAT? (realize again... i still didn't know i'd told the nurse.. the draper walmart) ... anyway.. So she asks, "well.. do you wanna call their office?" and i'm like Yeah... let me do that... oh WAIT... my cell phone is at home... STUPID. So i ask to borrow THEIR phone on the opposite side of the counter... all while i'm sweating and looking white trash and then... just for fun... let's add something ELSE white trash... LUCAS starts crying.. yeah. I'm reaching over the counter to get to press numbers to lead me to the right person on the phone while my baby cries and ANOTHER white trash couple pulls up with their cart and ugly baby and stare at me like, "get your kid to shut up." Okay.. i would except that... I'M ON THE PHONE!!!!! i was so fricken frustrated....and let's add ONE more thing to top it off.... the girl behind the counter brings me two tubes of cream and says... oh yeah... i see that you ordered... um.... these. They were tubes of cream for my squiddlypooch that i'd ordered right after i got out of the hospital because IT hurt so bad... i didn't need them now though... but thanks for giving them to me NOW... or this moment would have never been made possible.... oh WELL.... in the end i got my pills and now i'm feeling MUCH better... Hopefully i can prevent the NEXT white trash moment....
Wednesday, February 18, 2009
1. He's sitting in front of the TV, what is on the screen ? either cartoons or history channel
2. You're out to eat, what kind of dressing does he get on his salad? french
3. What's one food he doesn't like? pickles
4. You go out to eat, what does he order to drink? Water...unless he's feeling spontaneous...then he'll get diet coke
5. Where did he go to high school? Bear Creek High School... i only remember this because every time we go to stockton...he points the school out to me...like i've never seen it.
6. What size shoe does he wear? 13? i think.
7. If he was to collect anything, what would it be? probably kitchen knives...every time we see some he stops and stares and talks like he's gonna buy them... but obviously he can't since we're poor... and honestly.. how many sets of kitchen knives does a man need?
8. What is his favorite type of sandwich? I'd say a Double Western bacon cheeseburger from Carl's Jr.... and i'd be right.
9. What would this person eat every day if he could? pizza or number 8.. i swear.. he NEVER tires of these.... that's why IIII always have to decide where to eat because his suggestions are always these two.
10. What is his favorite cereal? easy one... Cinnamon Toast Crunch.
11. What would he never wear? a flowery shirt. i've tried a couple of times... and failed.
12. What is his favorite sports team? Sports? really? Enos? do you even KNOW enos?
13. Who did he vote for? Your mom... no seriously.
14. Who is his best friend? He's got kind of a man crew of best friends... i call them his lovers... they are as follows.... Evan, Craig, Tim, Pete, Danny, Caleb and Andrew... i'm sure i'm forgetting someone though...
15. What is something you do that he wishes you wouldn't do? Freak out. He says it all the time, "lindsay, don't freak out!" i continue to anyway... not by choice.
16. What is his heritage? Come on... don't be dumb... (but if you are... german and mexican)
17. You bake him a cake for his birthday; what kind of cake? i baked him a cake? when?
18. Did he play sports in high school? football for like a week or something as a freshman in high school i believe... it didn't suit him..or his weak hip.
19. What could he spend hours doing? Starcraft. That's all i'll say. *ugh*
20. What is one unique talent he has? he can cook like a mad man...he's quite gifted.
Saturday, February 14, 2009
he cried for like two seconds because he wanted his diaper changed but we were in the car... then he gave up and looked like this (sorry it's blurry).
Friday, February 13, 2009
Thursday, February 12, 2009
Tuesday, February 10, 2009
I love this picture the best! Isn't his skin beautimous? I think his bottom lip looks like Enos'.
Monday, February 9, 2009
She's got an epidural and is feeling great. Last text I received said she was at an 8 (is great). She went to the hospital because she was having some mean contractions about 5 minutes apart that wouldn't let up. Once there, she was at a 2 and the doctor put it in the nurse's hands whether she stay or go home. Lindsay slipped the nurse a $50 and promised her a free blog header so the nurse agreed to let Lindsay stay.
Soon a baby will be born named Lucas Edward Heinzen and all that "thinkin" will have finally paid off. I wonder if "thinkin" means the same thing as "doin laundry". I guess we'll never know.
Posted by her fabulously rich (with kids) sister...Jessica (you know I gotta hook myself up!)
**UPDATE. It's 6:34 (Utah time) and Lindsay is fully dialted and ready to go. They are coming in to set up for delivery and she's still feelin rad. No shakes, no poop pressure...she's good. Next update will be after Lucas is earthly.