Tuesday, March 10, 2009

What are you?

Okay... so since we've had Lucas people from the ward have been bringing us meals which is really sweet, right? And i'd have to say that most of them have been pretty decent meals but my biggest nightmare has always been that someone will bring us something that we just CAN'T bring ourselves to eat... welp.. that nightmare came true. So apparently after everyone had signed up to bring us meals this ONE couple still really wanted to bring us a meal. (so you must be thinking... i bet they put a lot of hard work into it right?)... well the husband brings it over and he's pretty normal and wishes us well and whatnot and then says, "i hope you like it!" Okay.. can i just say that while we were talking with him in the doorway i could smell this HIDEOUS smell that was like dogchow or dog throwup.. it was realllllly gross. Of course.. i thought it was coming from outside... that is, until i closed the door and looked in the foil container he brought over.... here's what i saw....

i mean, honestly... what IS that? I thought it was a meatloaf maybe.. but it did NOT cut like a meatloaf... it was very chewy feeling and it had these discolored juices.... and see that one tiny part missing out of it.... that's right... against my better judgement, I TRIED IT (because i felt bad that these people had made us a meal and i was just gonna trash it).... oh my GOSH.... it tasted like it smelled people... that's right... dog throw up.... EW. Of course they also brought over what looked like a week old bag salad and some mashed potatoes... the potatoes weren't bad but with the things that accompanied them i just couldn't bring myself to eat any of them. It was like being over at my crazy grandma's house and being forced to eat her mystery cooking.... *chill*....i ended up HAVING to throw it away because even Enos came home and was like "i can't eat that" I guess the moral of this story is... don't make a meal for someone who just had a baby that looks like moldy placenta. I feel really bad for the people but honestly... i couldn't eat it.. i would have throw it up anyway. :/ I'm sorry.

10 comments:

Jessica the Jacked LDS said...

okay so listen. i have this mantra that i live by and it's really rude but i can't help it. i canNOT eat food that people make me if they're ugly or gross looking. i feel like their ugly juices are IN the food they made me and so when i bite into the food and start to chew it up all i can think of is their grossness in my mouth and i start gagging and heaving until i vomit.

i don't even wanna KNOW what these people who brought you dog loaf looked like. i still can't believe you tried it.

llcall said...

holy crap! no, really, that's probably what it is.

Unknown said...

Ew. N to the O. This is why I NEVER eat potlucks. EVER!

Stephanie Kelly said...

yes that looks wonderful, and I can smell it through my computer screen!!! And I have to say I totally agree with Jessica's comment!

Carolina said...

First...Hahahahahahaha....to Jessica's comment up above!

Next...that is just beyond words! I kept thinking that by the end of your post you would reveal what exactly that mystery hunk of throw up was...but it never came!! How could ANYONE think that is decent food to give away?? Ewww...poor you!!

raschel said...

ICK. WHY would you take food to someone that is unrecognizable. The LEAST they could've done was give this dish a name! I HATE casserole type dishes...HATE them. I don't know why ANYONE would just throw a bunch of food together and think it would look appealing to an unknowing stranger. that is simply disgusting. I'm glad you threw it away. I want to throw up thinking about the smell of dog throw up. ew. and...jessica's comment is so funny, but SO true. You probably would've found a hair in that meat turd. That would've been lovely.

The only disgusting thing I rec'd after Makena was called a "potato roll casserole"...DISGUSTING. you should've seen this pile of vomit looking casserole...there was corn, green beans, ground beef, cheese (which felt like loogis going down the throat) and tater tots all on top of this pile of mess. i've eaten w/ these people before, so i know they can cook...but a mess of a casserole?! Sad. I DID eat a part of it b/c i was STARVING that night, knowing they were going to be bringing us food (and they aren't INCREDIBLY ugly...only partially...that's probably why only some of their food is good).

i like the picture. it makes me think even more disgusting thoughts about the taste of it.

Staci said...

wow..i'm still so confused as to why anyone that doesn't live out a trash can would bring you something like that. First of all when I have to take someone a meal I make my best dish and make sure it's something that most people like and I go out of my way to make it WONDERFUL...these people are weird for bringing something so weird like that. You have to find out what that was PLEASE for the sake of your blog fans. I need to know what that is.
Just go up to them in church and thank them for the wonderful meal and ask them for the recipe or something! You have TO!

Sandy said...

That is hysterical! I love that you blogged about it! And all I could think the entire time was, "Sometimes the thought doesn't even count!" I'm glad you threw it away - disgusting.

raschel said...

I agree w/ Staci...Puh-LEASE ask for the recipe!! That would be AWESOME!!

Sarah Heder said...

Do the people who brought you this "wonderful-looking" meal read your blog? That would be awesome!