Monday, December 7, 2009

She's Going the DISTANCE....

UPDATE: Okay...so i didn't realize HOW long a marathon is...maybe SOMEDAY...i'll just work on building up to that. oh..and i forgot to give my sister a shout out for introducing me to coolrunning.com SHE IS THE GREATEST for doing that for me!!!!! (is that better jessica? it better be. turd.. ACTUALLY...it was TARA that told me about the website...YOU were obviously trying to keep me fat!!! HAH)


i've always been someone who looks at runners and goes.. "ew." i have never had any desire to be a runner or run or anything like that.... until i had lucas... i think the reason heavenly father didn't let me lose the weight right away was because he knew this would be a new adventure for me... finding a love for running, working out... etc. I'm beginning to finally lose the weight!! And more than that... i love running now!!! I was finally able to run without stopping today... 2.8 miles. that feeling was so empowering.. were the first 7 weeks of running hard? YES. WITHOUT A DOUBT. but i'm getting better, stronger and wiser hahah.. sorry..i had to finish it like that.. .stupid 90's song. HAH... but seriously.. i love it now... i think EVERYONE who is physically capable should run. Now why am i telling you this? because i want to convert you. I want to SHOW you how beneficial it is... I'm going to put my weight on the sidebar and have you SEE it. EEK!? thats right... i'm doing a fat down so i can show you how effective running is....and by the end of it.. i want to NOT ONLY get down to my goal weight of 130 lbs. but also run a MARATHON.. that's right folks....... and hopefully all this will get you to start THIS PROGRAM... only the best program EVER for you to start running... it makes it SO easy!!! it's hard (like any workout regimen) to stay motivated... but the actual running is really pretty easy... so try it out!!!

15 comments:

barbaraence said...

That is awesome.
I hate running, so this holds promise for me as well :)
I'm proud of you! I know, that sounds cheesy, but I really am.

Laura said...

Remember when you first told me about this marathon program and I asked "What marathon are you going to run?" or something like that and you scoffed at me and got all hoity toity? Do you remember?

Now you're going to RUN a marathon!! Take back all the scoffing right this instant, young lady!

Megan said...

I have been trying to figure out a way to lose weight without working out....:) Haven't been very successful with that. haha

raschel said...

ok, you're making me want to get a little more motivated to run. I HATE running, like HATE HATE running. It's NOT fun at ALL. What do you do w/ Lucas? Does he ride in his stroller, or do you wait until Enos gets home?

Aymee said...

This is awesome!!! You are amazing. And let me tell you, you can totally do it! You are on your way Miss Lady. I'll come out and run a marathon with you....let me know which one you want to run. I'm always up for one:) I just wish it wasn't so freaking cold out here because I hate running on the dreadmill. You have now joined the ranks of the "crazies." I love it when people look at me with disgust when I tell them I thoroughly enjoy running. Keep on keeping on my friend.

Alys said...

Wow, you brave soul! I really don't like to run. But, I think I should once I am recovered from the horrible aftermath of my labor. I have a jogger ready and waiting to use. Maybe that will be my motivation!

David and Teresa said...

OK this so new for you. Coming out of your box. I like it. I hate running but love the effects of it. With bad knees my running days are over but you can run for me. Go Lindsay Go!!!!!! Love DAD See you on Friday!!!! :)

llcall said...

i'm excited for the empowering feeling you have...but i must admit, i think running is crazy and people who do it are crazy (exhibit a: neal's family, all runners :)

Sarah Heder said...

This is funny because after I had my second kid, I too did the exact same running program as you and felt the exact same way. Hard, but really good once I started doing it. I did the entire program and was super motivated to do a marathon and then I got pregnant again. I mean, I got pregnant on purpose, but it just didn't help my marathon running plans. I just started a bootcamp class and am actually trying to get the motivation up to start the "couch to 5K" workout soon. The other funny thing is that I am trying to lose the exact same amount of weight as you. I started at 169 pounds and am also trying to get to 130. The other thing I've been doing is eating super healthy (diet) because eating is 80% of your weight loss and exercise makes up the rest. So, I'm going to forward you the "eating plan" I use from my bootcamp trainer if you really want to kick your weight lose into high gear. The first week of eating healthy, I lost 4 pounds. I'm into my second week. It's hard, but you go with out carbs for the first 2 weeks and then you can have a cheat day once a week after that. I basically have oatmeal for every breakfast, then you're supposed to have a post-workout meal 30 minutes after you work out which consists of an egg and egg whites. Then you have a snack (good protein bars, apples and peanut butter, cheesestick and almonds, etc.). Then salad for lunch with a lean protein. Another snack. Then lean protein and green veggie for dinner. After 2 weeks, you can add brown rice, quinoa, etc. to your dinner. Wow, I'm going on and on!

Kinsey said...

I can tell you right now, a marathon is freakin' hard. But so incredible to finish. I ran the Rock'n'Roll marathon in San Diego like 6 years ago (wow has it been that long?) It's so cool to be able to say you finished a marathon. Running is pretty fun. If I lived where you live, with all that cool scenery I would probably go more. Our neighborhood is pretty blah.
Good for you though. I will be cheering you on.

Angela said...

love the motivation. i wish i could run again. yeah, at first it's hard but then you get some good music and it becomes so much more fun. i envy that you can go running during this season.

Jessica the Jacked LDS said...

wow. so thank you for giving me a shout out since i was the one who introduced you to that website.

OH WAIT.

you didn't. nevermind. hooker...

Luis Merino said...

My big problem w/ running is I'm afraid anyone who sees me will make fun of me... here's what I hear other people saying (in my head): "Look at that fatty trying to run. (they yell out the window as they drive by). GOOD LUCK FATTY!" Then they drive through a pile of mud, leaving me drenched. Then Nelson (from the Simpsons) pops up out of a nearby bush going "Ha Ha!"

Anonymous said...

I am so proud of you. That is my goal weight as well! I ran all the time in High School, i was a track star... being that i had the heart and not the speed, but still LOVED it!! RUnning is the bomb. I hope to run a marathon one day as well. Maybe we can both train then i can come out there and run it with you and see the BEAUTIFUL scenery. You go girl, we are rooting for you!!

Unknown said...

I didn't realize your sister called you HOOKER! That's what I call MY sister!!

I think it's awesome you're running. I'm like your dad... I HATE running, LOVE what it does for your bod. Of course, I apparently don't even love THAT enough to actually, you know, do it.