Thursday, April 17, 2008

Flooded at Work. Literally.



So i drove up to work today and found all of my coworkers standing outside in what looked like the aftermath of a rain storm... but without any rain... that is, unless, you count the water pouring from the building as rain. I like to think of the building as "crying." It makes it sweeter. or sadder. I'm not sure. Apparently, a water main broke under our building and started making sounds like the titanic did when it got hit... people were freaked so they got out and then water started making the ground float. It's all very dramatic. Anywho, here is the not-so-impressive picture i took of the outside. The inside is where all the REAL action was but i couldn't get in... they forbid it because it was "structurally unsound" whatever. So yeah..i didn't have work today OR tomorrow which is kind of nice because now i can catch up on all the freelance i've been neglecting. Sorry people. :/ Oh, and i also took a couple of pictures when i first moved into my desk which are underneath the flood picture. So don't bother looking for any water.

4 comments:

Tara said...

I hope none of YOUR stuff was on the floor to get water damage, that would be sad. I'm glad we were able to meet up today, sushi was good, even though it was late. And I'm still sad about your banana, poor forgotten nuts.

Unknown said...

I like that pillow... I'll bet you made it, huh? You're talented like that. I am jealous. I want a pillow like that for my office.

OOOO! I just remembered! I have been authorized to purchase things for my office to make it less "cave-like!" I might have to commission the work of my favorite artist... I've always wanted to commission a piece! I'll have to find out if I can do art or if they just meant furniture.

Jessica the Jacked LDS said...

why was the building crying? what was so sad?

Vagabond Mother said...

What the crap is going on in your life? I guess I've been preoccupied but I have no idea with what. Hope you had fun, lover! You should have come and said hello, I kept seeing your car in the middle of the day. I assumed you quit to have a baby.

P.S. I'm off ALL medications, including motrin, for the first time in MONTHS! WEEEE! Okay, I'm taking claritin, but that's because the sky is clouded in pollen and dirt.