Tuesday, June 17, 2008

The Oven Mitt Escapade.


Okay soo....something very strange happened while making dinner for ourselves....Enos put on the oven mitts to drain the pasta into the colander about the time that Geoffrey walked into the kitchen... After he was done, Enos waved at Geoffrey with the mitts on "Hi Geoffrey!" and flapped his hand inside the mitt. Apparently this strikes fear in the hearts of young cats....or at least it does to my Geoffrey. He reacted as if Enos had grabbed a giant butcher knife and ran at him like a maniac. His tail got all puffed up like a feather duster and he ran with all his might... right out of the kitchen. Well... this was just TOO much fun for Enos, who insisted on scaring the daylights out of the strange feline for the remainder of the night. Poor, dumb Geoffrey. (okay okay, i did it too a few times... it just gets such a reaction out of him i could barely stand it).

(ps. since oven mitts are barely thought of as an item of terror, these are, sadly, the scariest mitts i could find in a 5 minute period.)

5 comments:

Tara said...

Hahaha! Oh my gosh that is too funny! I can just see you guys tormenting that poor sweet angelic feline! What people do before kids......hehe, that is so funny, poor kitty.

Drew said...

Wow, that's great. And those oven mitts are totally you. If they're not yours yet, you should make them yours as soon as possible.

Vagabond Mother said...

I still can't believe you are PREGNANT! Pregnant and scaring your cat. Wow.

Unknown said...

Poor kitty! (It's fun to torment your kids, too... I'm just sayin')

David and Teresa said...

Well this is the only thing that has made me laugh all day so kudos to you and my enos for scaring my Geoffrey so I COULD Laugh. Now I do take that back my Koko and Jakob and Miah made me laugh today but after reading this, my laugh was a gutteral (sp?) laugh and that is a mighty laugh. I love you both and hope all is well with you, Enos and the mother to be. I am glad she lives with you Enos and not me...not really but yes really. Tee Hee Hee the grandmother of that baby in her tummy.