Tuesday, July 22, 2008

Dry Heaving....

Okay so i've told you guys that since i've been pregnant i've only thrown up once... and this is true but there's that OTHER thing that happens when you DON'T have food in your stomach.... dry heaving... i have officially decided that this is the worst possible thing to happen to you other than loosing a body part (i know from experience, HA). Then today something worse happened... i began dry heaving while i was aLONE in my apartment..... here's how it went down (and usually does)..... i'll be brushing my teeth and trying to concentrate on how clean my teeth are getting instead of the overwhelming desire to gag i'm feeling... i usually try closing my eyes so i don't have to look at anything that might trigger the gag.... but it never fails that i get bored having my eyes shut (3 minutes is a long time!)...and open them and see something that my mind converts into something disgusting.... like a piece of hair or a fleck of makeup that i decide must be something else because my brain WANTS to gag... i hate it... it's so hard to fight. So after finding a piece of Geoffrey fur on the counter the gagging started which led to me thinking about how greasy geoffrey was during his "cone head" experience and then.... the dry heaving.... usually the only thing that gets me to stop is Enos' talking to me while i sit on the floor with my hands over my head.... but he was gone and so i continued to dry heave until i was able to take enough forced deep breathes to make it all stop. JEEZ... it was awful. Then Geoffrey, who had obviously heard all of the monster-like noises coming from the bathroom, slowly walked in with his ears back with this look on his face like, "uhhh... is everything okay in here?" I felt mildly pathetic about all of it. *sigh*.... oh well.

10 comments:

Unknown said...

I HATE dry heaving, and it ALWAYS happened to me when I brushed in the morning! The only thing that ever helped me was breathing through my mouth while I brushed. It's harder, and I don't know why it works, but it worked like a charm for me!

Sorry about your experience. Poor Geoffrey (I say Gee-off-ree in my head even though I know it's Jeffrey. Hee hee!)

mica said...

It makes me so sad that you're not close! I wish I could be there for you...I miss your soul.

Burns Family said...

Hey Lindsay, don't know if you remember me, It your mom's friend's (Milley Aalto's) daughter Kristiina. We exchanged letters with decorated envelope when we were younger, and climbed down your laundry shoot.
I just want to tell you I can competely sympathize with you on this... Just wait until you dry heave so hard you pee your pants (yes, it happened to me right before I went to work, so I showered again, luckly it was at home) Good luck, I did find that the cinnimon toothpaste was better than the mint for me, but all of us are different. I would have to say the eyes closed was the most sucessful thing I have found, plus thinking about deliscious (sp) yummy foods while I am brushing my teeth. I know silly, but a pregnant women will try anything not to throw up or dry heave.

Anna said...

*nod* that really bites...i hate dry heaving...way worse then throwing up. did plenty of both. i remember calling my mom up bawling that i couldn't even remember what it felt like to not be nauseaus. my honest suggestion...jello poke cake and ice cream...they don't taste as bad as other foods the second time around. and permission to hurt anyone that suggests soda crackers. :) semi sweet chocolate chips helped a little with my last pregnancy...as soon as i started feeling the faintest sign of hunger (you know...that kind that preceeds the horrid insane nausea feeling)...i would eat like...2 or 3 chocolate chips. of course...that could just be my excuse to eat more chocolate.

Staci said...

hahaha you are sooo funny lindsay you make me laugh so hard. I totally know how you feel though..i try to think of it as a good work out b/c dang your abs hurt after those dry heaves. I hope it doesn't last too much longer for you..mine lasted 5 months :(

Jessica the Jacked LDS said...

yeah, close ur eyes and think of happy thoughts when u brush. that's what i did. at least you don't work at restland and then visit the crematory and smell the stench of burning bodies while ur pregnant. that was a little rough for me with jake.

Vagabond Mother said...

Poor greasy kitty. I really hope you feel better soon!

I hope that baby appreciates you.

raschel said...

ah. I hate that! especially at the end when you want to get a good tongue brush in and then the gagging never ends and your mouth gets all watery...i hate it for you. i feel sorry for the kitty. And, like Sheriece (I can't remember how to spell her name...), I can't help but say the kitty's name wrong. It's just too much fun and I feel british or something.

THE RAINES FAMILY said...

When I was pregnant, if I even looked at a toothbrush I would gag. Although my main problem was the taste of toothpaste-there's no getting around that one.

THE RAINES FAMILY said...
This comment has been removed by the author.