Wednesday, July 30, 2008

The Mysterious Mashed Potatoes...

So just now as i was eating my lunch (not really a FULL lunch... just some left over mashed potatoes and green beans that were delicious last night).....i was eating them and enjoying the flavor when i bit down in my mashed potatoes and something hard hit my teeth. I was SO grossed out... PLEASE don't be a fingernail, PLEASE don't be a fingernail....well i took it out and it wasn't a fingernail... but what i found was more astonishing and a little scary.... it was... a STAPLE. a staple? really? how the hell?........... no for real... a STAPLE? It was like God was answering my prayer that it wouldn't be a fingernail but couldn't think of something that would make more sense.... he just flipped through his book of things that could be the hardness that i experienced but ran out of time and said, "uhhh OKAY STAPLE!".... .......or maybe enos did it. he DID show me how he'd put the left overs in a container for my lunch today... suspicious....hmm.... i don't get it. Anyway... i couldn't continue eating my meal... it's not really gross... it's just so weird and random that i don't want anything to do with those stupid mashed potatoes. I mean, i MADE them... i wasn't seasoning with staples.... and i have to admit it's slightly embarrassing to tell people about this... i don't know if it's just me but i always get a little insecure when i find something in my food... like it's my fault no matter the circumstances.... i don't know why i do that. anyway... gross. i'll eat no more.

7 comments:

Drew said...

Gross. But these kind of things are usually very rare. (Usually rare? That has to be an oxymoron of some sort.)

Vagabond Mother said...

Enos, Enos. You'd think he'd try to get rid of that baby some other way. Desperate times call for desperate measures.

Unknown said...

The firm I worked for in Texas sued a company for a piece of metal in a frozen taquito. But what could it have been in? The potatoes? Butter? I can't imagine either of those having a staple... It must have been a gremlin that done it.

David and Teresa said...

Dear Mother to be
Sorry about the staple. After I put it in the potatoes I regretted doing it. Sorry.

Love you
Mother of the Mother of the fig

Stephanie Kelly said...

haha oh I love it!!

Vagabond Mother said...

Hey, you are almost done with your first trimester! Crazy!

raschel said...

I bet the staple was on the hotpad holder ya'll used to empty the water after the potatoes boiled, yes? No...that's too easy...is a stapler remotely close to your kitchen? Was the staple opened or closed? I'm glad it wasn't a fingernail.