Friday, June 26, 2009

Gifts glorious Gifts!!

Sooo...i lied.... i decided to make time to post about these two wonderful HANDMADE gifts i got from family members....

*FIRST*

Ugh. I've actually had this gift for... what? Two months? and i've been meaning to blog about it but i kept forgetting. My sister (in law), Tara, made this AWESOME diaper bag for me after i saw a $500 one in the store and wanted it really bad but that's just DUMB to pay that much for a diaper bag with all the crap it'll go through, plus i'm poor. HAH. We went back to the store together and she took down measurements for it and then we talked about different designs for things and then went to pick out what fabric to use. I'm understanding why this bag was REASONABLY priced at $500 now... WOW... it took Tara SOOO much work to make this bag... and i can't tell you how much i love it!!!

(ps. those are flowers enos got me for our anniversary.) i'll post about that later.

It's got separate sides... one side for me and the other for lucas.


it's got a RAD matching changing pad... done with a plastic cover for easy clean up...


and it's got little detailed pockets... GENIUS. Thanks tara.. you know i love it. :)



*SECOND*

Okay.. i just got this item yesterday and it's not really a gift for me but i feel like it is because it's one of my designs come to life... These two lovely ladies (Aunt Nana and Aunt Momo) made a blanket for lucas.

They asked me what animal to make for him and i said, "oh just do an owl.... he likes his owls." And then later my mom forced me to make a design for a monster instead since that was REALLY his theme. Thanks mother!!!! and so... here's the design...




and here's the final product...

Go ahead... say it.... You're jealous.... HAH. I'm in LOVE with it. You guys are the best aunts EVER... and the silliest.

Oh... and i got the blanket after traveling with a cat and a boy to texas and then back (minus the geoffrey) all in one day... on PLANES..ugh. Here are some more random pictures i wanted to post.

and these precious, dainty baby toes... i call them... FREE-Toes... cuz they are free from socks.


9 comments:

Vagabond Mother said...

Lindsay, I can't even tell you how much I love that diaper bag. What a genius idea. It is GORGEOUS. I have to email Tara and tell her how impressed I am. You have such great sister-in-laws and sisters. Great AND creative. I am so jealous and so happy for you.

Okay, I have also flown somewhere just to get rid of a pet. I am glad you and I share that now. I flew a puppy I had had for two months back to Cali from NYC. No wonder some people hate me. At the time, it was the only answer! Hahaha. But really, I'm glad the Geoffrey thing is figured out.

That baby blanket is awesome. I love that idea of making a. . . shape blanket?

I am so freaking homesick for you. Love you and good luck with the move. You have some wonderful people in your world, you know it?

Goodnight moon said...

So, can I please become part of your family to get some of these FABULOUS handmade gifts?!?! I LOVE LOVE LOVE the diaper bag....so completely adorable and PRICELESS! And the cute little changing pad to go with it...LOVE IT!

The blanket is even too cute for words! How stinkin cute is that!!!!

I can't believe you made a trip to TX and back in one day with a cat for 1-way, and your sweet little monster! Insane! Maybe that's how you found that crazy music video...you were so silly off no sleep and traveling, you didn't know what you were you tubing?

David and Teresa said...

Loved seeing you both at the airport and hugging my Lindsay and Lucas. Enos he looks just like you. He is so jolly and smiles so much. Love Dad

Jessica the Jacked LDS said...

i never get gifts. whatever. just kidding, i get them all the time and u were just jealous of mine so u had to post about urs. oh and stop stealing my word "rad".

love the blankie. it reminds me of my kitty one.

Sarah Heder said...

Well, I'm not really original because I'm wishing I was in your family so I would get the hook up with their cool handmade gifts. The monster blanket is awesome. And the diaper bag . . . wow . . . absolutely beautiful and stunning! Love it!

David and Teresa said...

Hey Pooh
Speaking of Free toes, I waited on the nicest 2 men at Restland and they were burying their mutha (Kitty Doolin). These men were so nice but anyway enough about them. I found out that their father was the founder of Fritos and then joined with Mr Lay and formed Frito Lay. Is that cool? I loved it. I really loved it that these two men and their entire family were so nice and very down to earth despite their claim to fame. You can go to dallasnews.com and read Kitty Doolin's obit...very impressive.
Mutha

Unknown said...

Ok... you already know how I feel about that diaper bag. I can hardly believe she just whipped that up, it's spectacular!

That blanket is AWESOME also. People seem to make you the coolest stuff...

raschel said...

...the diaper bag is AMAZING. She should sell them...does she?, cuz I'd buy it!! It's perfect. I LOVE the seperate sides and the way it opens up. SO JEALOUS.

The blanket is SO cute! I can't believe it. It looks JUST like what you designed.

...your family is so talented. *sigh*

raschel said...

OH! I forgot to ask...how did Lucas do on the plane? I'm too scared to fly by MYSELF with Makena for fear that she'll start screaming and I'll be embarrassed w/ no one to talk to and be embarrassed w/...

..i saw your dad's video. Lucas iS PRECIOUS! I LOVE his smiles. THey are contagious!!! He's so sweet!