Saturday, February 16, 2008

Living in the airport for V-day.. but who would know... there's no evidence.

Welp... as many of you know i was born with one good ear and one evil ear... okay not evil but very annoyingly misshaped. It's a congenital birth defect called Microtia. I've put a picture on here to show you what it looked like when i was little beFORE all the surgeries... Well after 5 surgeries.. i decided the final product was LESS than satisfying and opted for a prosthetic. I decided to go to Robert Barron. He used to work for the CIA doing disguises for agents so needless to say... he's VERY good. Click on his name to see what i mean...Anyway... in order to GET said ear..i needed to travel to Ashburn Virginia which is about 15 min. from D.C. Enos and i decided that we would go whenever we could so it ended up we made the appointment for Valentines day. I WOULD have had lots of cool pictures on here to show our trip and how we went to D.C. and visited the monuments and museums but... we didn't go to anywhere cool. Of the 48 hours from the 13th to the 14th we spent SIX... yes only SIX of that NOT at airports. YAY!!!.....(screeching halt sound)... wait... that really sucks. So yeah.. we were DEAD tired after that. The trip went really well though and Robert Barron was really nice and laid back so we had a good old time laughing and telling stories in his office. He also showed me a bunch of other ears he had made... it was really funny because all around his office were lifelike body parts he'd been working on... an arm over there, a finger here and a stack of ears to show me(which he held like a hand of cards he was very proud of). He was like a crazy great uncle or something. It was really fun. Anyway.. i didn't get the ear just yet... he had to take molds of the good ear and whatnot but i'll get it sometime in May just in time for Mica's wedding. Anywho.. since enos and i spent so much time on the plane we ended up looking at those Duty Free magazines and found two very INAPPROPRIATE ads in there... so naturally we took pictures of them, laughed like children and now i'm posting them on here so you can laugh too. Also we rode on these very badly designed shuttles to take us from one terminal to the next... They look like something that someone really uncreative would think of for a "space age" movie...unfortunately i didn't get a good picture. It's amazing how many pictures i DIDN'T take.. not of Robert Barron or enos and i or anything... i was just a zombie... Sorry,...anyway, I'll post more about this in May when i get my ear. also..i put of sad picture on here of me that enos took right after surgery to get the very expensive ear removed... don't i look so pathetic?

Bad picture of the airport... Hey, it's all i had!!


Can you read this.... uhhh... YEAH. That's not what it LOOKS like.

The Super Kegel Exerciser^ HA. When enos saw this picture he said, "for a minute there i didn't know what i was looking at."

Microtia^


pa-THET-ic.

10 comments:

Vagabond Mother said...

What? This is all news to me. What else are you missing? A soul?

(I'm just saying this because I think A LOT of people don't know about your ear and you're gorgeous, earred or not... but that ear is going to be so neat!)

I'm going to "V for Vendetta" you.

And thanks for those ads, now I know what to get Mica for her wedding.

Abbie said...

Sorry to hear you didn't get to see much of DC. That's one of my favorite cities. And ya, the airport shuttle things totally remind me of Star Wars... the older version ones. And dude, when did you have surgery on your ear? And how come I didn't know. That's it, you're coming over for breakfast on Sunday. :)

Unknown said...

1. Looooooove your new background!! SO cute! You would be the best person to paint my kids rooms... when will you be near Memphis!?

2. Remember how long it was before I knew about your ear? You TOLD me, Id have never known!

3. I am excited for you about your prosthetic.

4. Sorry your trip wasn't as cool as it could have been. I went to DC once for fireworks on the 4th, but I never really saw the city either.

molly said...

Wish your trip would have been more exciting and fun but yea about the ear!

Jessica the Jacked LDS said...

Why are you putting sexually explicit pictures on your blog. i told you i was bored...but geez. oh and i like the pathetic picture because you look like you were little again when you first had surgeries and you were sweet all the time and my best friend. what ever happened to that sweet girl?

mica said...

Oh my freakin' cute George! Where did you find the new "wallpaper?"

Also, do you remember my old roomate Melissa? She used to think kegels were muscles..."I love workin' my kegels!" she would say...poor, poor Melissa.

Tara said...

Well, Mica has better get started on those "kegals". *hehe* Glad everything went well even with the bummer airport deal. And even with the bandage on, you still look so beautiful! Like a lovely featured face surrounded by cotton. :) but seriously, you have such a gorgeous face. love you!

Vagabond Mother said...

Um, this is all old, boring news.

Staci said...

awe you look so sad :( My sister aymee wanted to call you when she read your blog. She lives in DC and next time you are there she wants to meet up w/ you. And I totally need to get me one of those kegel thingys before my baby comes :S

Jade said...

I just wandered over to "SM" blog, (you know such cute people). I love her crayon hearts, they turned out good vs mine that turned out horrid. So Enos didn't do anything about Valentine's Day for you? That is terrible! Even in the airport and if you tell him not to do anything, he still should! I thought about it, this was the first year he didn't call me on V-Day that I can remember, he ALWAYS calls me on my birthday and V-day. So you are not alone, he was a flat out bum this year. (even though you are the one who matters most)