Wednesday, February 6, 2008

Part of living in Utah

On the day of Hinckley's funeral, Mica and i were out wedding dress shopping. While we were out we happened to be on the street that President Hinckley's procession was coming down. So instead of driving off, we sat in our parking spot and filmed them as they went by... I felt like a paparazzo. It was also really neat to take a picture of all the people who had stopped what they were doing in various businesses to come and watch, even the cake bakers in their aprons. The street was VERY quiet and everyone was so respectful. It was really touching. Also, you'll notice that i pull away from the hearse towards the end because it was just like... "oh wait.. that's it?" it was just so small and understated passing by. I guess that's the way it should be.



5 comments:

Vagabond Mother said...

This winter funeral and death remind me a lot of when my grandpa died 17 years ago.

Can I go with you and Mica next time if I promise not to tell her she used to have some tongan finesse to her?

mica said...

tongan finesse??

Jessica the Jacked LDS said...

if i say anything at all i'm afraid you'll think i hate mica so i'll just shutup...

Tara said...

Didn't you already figure out the dress thing? Would it be evil to post that picture of her gorgeous self in the inspiring dress on my blog?

I do like the way this funeral was handled, very respectful and sweet. Cool that you guys were in the area. :)

David and Teresa said...

Pooh
Thanks for that. You do not know how much that means to me that you did that. I love funerals and the fact that you took the time to film it and post it and IT WAS PRESIDENT HINCKLEY'S touched my heart and made me cry. Sorry to be mushy but the smallest thing can set a mother off.
Love you....the mother