Tuesday, May 27, 2008

Chapter 3: Vacation Time!!!

So the rest of the trip Enos and I decided to live it up in D.C. and go to all the museums we could (well... with the one day we had left)...though we nearly killed ourself we somehow managed to see both air and space museums, the natural science museum, one of the art museums, the white house, the washington monument and have dinner with Austin. PHEW. what a DAY.

happy me after getting a spongebob ice cream.

we kept watching this squirrel get closer and closer to
us and expected it to do that squirrel thing.

this is the view as we flew over Dallas... if you look really
close in the distance you can see lake ray hubbard and rockwall

My favorite section of the whole natural history museum
was the one with all the jewels and gems. of COURSE i had to take a picture
of my favorite, the pearls. they were HUGE!!

copper.

indeed sign... inDEED.

air and space-ness

paying homage to a fellow artist without an ear. (i've named my ear
Vincent as a token of my respect. HA!)

Enos and the Wright Bros. plane

our nation's capital..

( i was really craving another spongebob ice cream at this point. hehe)

Enos was pretty hungry himself.

the future dentist with past teeth.

me with my baby dinosaur... awwww.

Geoffrey was there in spirit... literally.

Natural History Museum from upstairs.

my second ride.

The space shuttle Enterprise

this exhaust doesn't look too impressive...
until you stick a chubby in the picture.

enos' second ride.


in front of the white house.... it's so much smaller than i thought it would be.

enos... Top Gunning it out.
of course we had to take a picture
with the NAZI plane... i mean, hey,
we are HEINZEN'S aren't we?


tiny me...

and tiny E.


See the monument? just checking.

9 comments:

Tara said...

Man, you guys have seen so much more of our country than we have, and we were in the military...no fair.

Well, it WAS pretty cool that you got do to all that stuff, I'm happy for ya.

Can't wait for chapter 4!

Staci said...

that is awesome..i totally know how you feel..there is way too much to see in D.C. I walked the whole monument strip or mall while i was preg. I thought I was going to die! Love the pic. of you licking the capital did it taste good?

Jessica the Jacked LDS said...

i want one of those capital ice creams, remind me to get one when i come in november.

raschel said...

i love your photo diary. And the licking the capital was AWESOME. Almost postcard like.

Unknown said...

You lined the licking picture up so perfectly! That was so awesome. Looks like you guys had a blast! So much fun stuff to do there!

Abbie said...

Wow, what a trip. Having lived in DC, I have great appreciation for everything that you were able to cram in. I bet that was a whirlwind of a day. But how fun! Oh, and I love the new ear.

Stephanie Kelly said...

What fun!

Stephanie Kelly said...

I really love how you named your ear Vincent hahah

Vagabond Mother said...

I'm just glad you didn't lick the Washington Monument. Orally offensive.

Here's to being pregnant.