Saturday, August 30, 2008

Shaking my baby...


(random reference picture above.)

So, Enos has a friend at his work (he works at a blood lab where they do experiments for artificial hearts... really cool but anyways)... and she is a belly dance instructor on the side. Well she's been telling enos how great it is for women to belly dance during their pregnancy and that it really helps keep their abs tight. It sounded cool and all but i was just a little nervous to be all pregnant and dancing sex-ily. Plus i'd be the only pregnacia..SO... today was my first day and it was actually really fun... it made me feel like a hippie, all free spirited and junk. ha. I think i'm gonna keep doing it for as long as my body will allow. There were only two other people in there, some really skinny chick and a 40 yr. old woman with abs of steel... both showed their cute little stomachs while dancing... i kept mine covered....But like i said... it was fun.... My only complaint was at the very end when we got "me time" and could do what we felt like doing for a period of a 3 minute song... I opted to stretch because i LOVE to stretch... everyone else, well.... I should probably mention that this studio also teaches pole dancing... so there were a lot of poles everywhere... before the song was over... all THREE other women... INCLUDING the instructor, enos' friend, were all spinning and dancing with the poles... i stood on the sidelines... awkwardly awaiting the end of the song and "stretching" as long as i could. WOW... AWKWARD. Overall though.. a good experience and i plan to do it again because my butt is a bit sore from all the hip shaking which is good cuz i don't want my butt to blow up like Jessica says it's genetically inclined to do during pregnancy.

6 comments:

Jessica the Jacked LDS said...

i can picture u all uncomfotable whilst the other ladies were hooching it up. i wish i would have had video of that. did u enjoy the show atleast? and by the way, whats up with the random picture? that's just weird.

Staci said...

wow you brave soul...i could never do anything like that...i was watching oprah the other day and a woman was saying that she took a pole dancing class to improve her sex life..so not only will this possibly keep you in shape it could extend your sex drive...im sure enos wouldn't mind that ;)

raschel said...

you are VERY brave. and...oh my goodness...how uncomfortable. I was awkward reading it, and can't imagine what I would've done if I'd been in the room while it was going on!!

Unknown said...

Love the blog background.

You really are brave. I've always wanted to do something like that, but I am a weenie. This sounds fun, though. When will you guys pick a school? I want to know if there is any hope of me living near your spawn.

Laura said...

it's ok. I love stalkers--especially those that reveal themselves. I'lll stalk you back. Don't know if I could've stayed and watched the pole show. creepy.

Vagabond Mother said...

Is Enos going to come with you next time?

Remember how Andrew's old boss loved to belly dance? Maybe you'll be Andrew's boss someday.