Wednesday, September 10, 2008

Peanut..... has nuts. :)

It's official. It's a BOY... which blows my mind because i was SO SURE it was a girl... but i should know from past experiences that whenever I guess ANYTHING i'm always wrong... and enos... (growl) is ALWAYS RIGHT. But he's also really slow so at least i have THAT over him.
I'm sooooo sorry for those of you who didn't get a call and so had to WAIT until i posted.... i posted as soon as i got home from looking around at Target for something cute for the baby and then eating .... (and took a nap for two hours because i was SO TIRED). So the visit went really good. we found out that it was a boy BEFORE we saw the doctor so we had lots of time to enjoy our little secret between the two of us and just be excited... When we got the sonogram the person was like... "yep... there's his penis.... aaaaand there's his hand." (he was touching himself) Enos thought this was like the funniest thing ever and was like... "can you get a picture of that?" sadly... he'd moved it by that time. Oh peanut. Which brings us to his name. We are also taking this time to announce his official name.....He will go by Lucas Edward Heinzen. He will not be called Luke (except by a small group of sweet cousins) but Lucas. There's no real significance to the name... we just liked both Lucas and Edward and they flow pretty well together so we used them. However, i DID start liking Lucas when i saw the movie Empire Records... he was my favorite. And Edward... well... I'm a fan of Edward Scissorhands.... but these aren't the only reasons we chose them.... kind of. ANYWAY... i'm rambling now. Enjoy the ever-so-clear sonogram pictures (not really).
This view is as if you were looking from under him with his bum closest to you.


His sweet little face :)

The boy discovering his man bits.


Okay... why do OLDER babies get all the cute clothes? Why are new borns FORCED to wear pastels? stupid clothes people. I'm gonna look online for really cool NON-pastel baby clothes... and i wouldn't usually get shirts with sayings on them but this one said peanut on it... how could i resist? The onesies are cuter than this picture gives them credit... they have aligators on them and lions....nothing special but i just had to get something :) PS.. i hate puppies and sports on baby clothes... so irritating.

21 comments:

Staci said...

AHHHHHHHHH congrates! a boy yahh you are going to have so much fun w/ a boy

THE RAINES FAMILY said...

Yea! We are so excited for you! And I love the name Lucas.

Laurie said...

Boys are WONDERFUL! Congratulations, Lindsay! I hope the rest of your pregnancy with little Lucas goes by smoothly.

(Oh, and I was so SURE my son was a girl too! Poor Micah was called "Jane" the first 20 weeks. Sad, huh? Just, uh, don't ever tell him that embarrassing little tidbit. *wink*)

Christie C said...

Congratulations!

Tara said...

Jade cried for about 20 mins. She was SO upset about ANOTHER boy. She kept wailing about being SURROUNDED! She really wanted a little sister/cousin. So after about 1/2 hr, her tears were nearly gone and Eddie woke up from his nap. As soon as he started smiling his cute little smile at her, she picked him up, got a little hug from him, and was all happy after that. She said another cute little boy would not be so bad. And "little baby Lucas" was going to be so much fun and SO cute! I assured her, that when you guys do have a girl someday, (since you have such pretty names planned, I'm sure it will happen), that the "little Lindsay" is going to look up to her super cool big cousin and can still be like a little sister. And cute little Lucas is going to be ADORABLE and have a little playmate with Eddie. She is cool with it now, really. I on the other hand, CAN'T WAIT for baby Lucas, I'm going to carry him around in the wrap and babysit him as much as I can before you guys leave. YA!!!! Now I will be a REAL auntie, to my own kin. :)

Shawners said...

YAY, it's timez like this that make me happy to be wrong. Owen is going to have a best friend!!! CONGRATULATIONS DUDES!

Jessica the Jacked LDS said...

hmm...so you caved to pastels huh? they aren't SO bad. some of the onesies are really really precious. but i know what you mean about soft colors for boys. i wish they had like black onesies with rad designs on them in stores. instead, you're forced to go online if you want a cool dressed boy. that's okay though, i found something soo cute for lucas.

Laura said...

i'm telling you--the boys are ruling the sonograms lately. I was hoping you'd turn the tide with a girlie, but boys are fun to have as the oldest... Dad's always like that.

David and Teresa said...

Pooh
Did you notice that on the sonogram that they mispelled my daughter, Lindsay's, name. I guess I noticed that because YOU are my baby. Love you....and you too Enos....oh n you too Geoffrey and you too Peanut. Is there anyone else over there that needs love? Teehee Mutha

Unknown said...

YAY!!!!!!!! Boys are the BEST first borns, not that I'm biased or anything... Best places for baby clothes are Lucky Baby, Gap Kids (some is lame, some is great), and The Retro Baby (theretrobaby.com).

I am so, so, so happy for you, Lindsay!! You are going to be such a fantastic mother. I cannot wait to meet Lucas. (Also, Edward is SOOOO Tim Burton!!)

Abbie said...

Oh what great news. Now he can protect his younger siblings but I would have to argue that girls first are just as great. :)

raschel said...

YAY!! Congrats! I love the name. So cute. I'm so excited for ya'll! And, a boy for a first born is really awesome b/c he can protect all his younger siblings. That's exciting! :)

raschel said...

and...i noticed you said you shopped at Target. the devil store. grr. :)

Vagabond Mother said...

Yeah, boys clothes. I actually kind of love it, though. It's a challenge and easy to totally ignore 75% of the stuff. Plus, they DO look cute dressed as little men, versus girls dressed as scanty little women. Just keep your eyes open- I usually scan clearance where-ever and then if it's really great, I buy it full price. Nordstroms can be really fun, especially during a sale for one or two things (like baby pumas!!!). I just think back to the glorious little outfit you got Ray for his first birthday, and I know Lucas will be a sweet, good looking, well loved boy.

I am SO HOMESICK FOR YOU!!!!!! I wear your apron almost everyday (luckily, I was wearing my boring apron when I got puked on last night).

Any news from AZ schools?

L. E. Heinzen? Sounds like he's being named after Lee Pace to me.

Oh Lucas! I think I love you!!!

Drew said...

Aw man, I was sure it was a girl. I'm usually pretty good at guessing. Oh well. Congratulations! Boys as first-borns runs in my family too, well, among my siblings at least.

Stephanie Kelly said...

Congrats!!! He is gunna be a sweet mini Enos!!

Unknown said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
Burns Family said...

Congrats! You are going to have soo much fun with a little boy! Definately have to agree with the puppies and sports. But just watch your little boy is going to be a sports fanatic and wants sports paraphanilia (SP?) to wear ALL the time. Yes I am blesses with one of those. I even cave in and let him wear the same shirt 2 days in a row (if it is not too dirty) because he LOVES it soo much. I guess I just pick my battles. Congradulations again!

Burns Family said...

Congrats! You are going to have soo much fun with a little boy! Definately have to agree with the puppies and sports. But just watch your little boy is going to be a sports fanatic and wants sports paraphanilia (SP?) to wear ALL the time. Yes I am blessed with one of those. I even cave in and let him wear the same shirt 2 days in a row (if it is not too dirty) because he LOVES it soo much. I guess I just pick my battles. Congradulations again!

MISTY said...

Way Cool!

MISTY said...
This comment has been removed by the author.