Friday, December 12, 2008

Geoffrey Heinzen....... more naughty than meets the eye.

So... every year (well... mostly just last year because he wasn't big enough until then) we battle with geoffrey to preserve the life of the (fake) christmas tree. We've had WAY too many "redecorations" to keep a christmas-loving couple happy.... Well.... two days ago we set up the tree and had FORGOTTEN how to prevent geoffrey from climbing up into it. So we just left it the way it was and prayed. Welp,yesterday morning i find two of the ball ornaments on the floor and the beads coming undone. I was furious (though i should have been grateful) that he did such a thing. I took a very calm but firm approach to it... i held the balls in his face and yelled at him (that's what she said... sorry... i couldn't resist).... i THOUGHT he got the point because he didn't even LOOK at the tree again the rest of the day. BOY WAS I EVER WRONG.... this morning... enos woke me up and said... Geoffrey's in trouble... oh.. but check the closet before you get mad... there's a surprise in there for you... i just assumed enos had bought me a little birthday present and that made me feel all special. WRONG. So i get up and walk into the kitchen.... this is what i see...


YEAH. that's right... those branches are bend almost straight down to the ground... SOMEONE must have been practicing his mountain climbing.

Let's start with THIS guy, victim #1...in the hallway...normal enough right? oh it gets better....



then there's THIS guy....further down the hall in our room by the laundry (don't worry it's all clean). He didn't have a chance.

Then last and most ridiculous....is THIS guy... victim #3... i have to put him last because his location was so propostorious..... behind a closet door... Geoffrey dragged him in here to DIE.



They never knew what was coming. Poor fuzzy ornaments.



So after this... i showed geoffrey each of his victims and tried to get across to him that the tree is not a plaything... (yeah i know... explaining ANYTHING to a cat... pointless... but it made me feel a little better)... Then i put him in his room. (don't worry he has food, water and potty in there.) And after only 5 minutes... he starts to act like he's dying.



What a wiener. I tried to get a picture of him looking from under the door but he refused and moved as soon as the camera flashed. poopstain.


It was all pretty funny after i disciplined him because he was acting SOOOO dramatic. Stupid cat. I wanna smack him. My friend sarah said something about only LIKING not LOVING the cat after her first baby came.... i think he's pushing me to it. Oh well... i never really liked cats anyway.... poor Geoffrey. At least Enos will still love him.

ps. he's meowing SO loud right now from his room for me to let him out... sorry cat. not until i feel like it.... liking is still okay... right?

pss. oh... and we remembered this morning that he doesn't bother the tree (as much) if we take the bottom two rows of branches off... ghetto... but at least we don't have to redo it every 5 minutes.

13 comments:

Abbie said...

This is the funniest post I've read in a while!! Love it!

raschel said...

BAHAHAHAHAHA!!! THat was so funny! I loved all of the pictures w/ "evidence" written all bloody and creepy and the one w/ his paw reaching out from under the door. I'm picturing him screaming his meow and how bad you probably want to hit him right now...at least I would. SO, were you able to bend the branches back?

Jessica the Jacked LDS said...

get rid of it. yes thats right..IT.

ps...when i found out i was pregnant with isaak i did the same thing to austin...i held his balls in his face and said, "LOOK WHAT YOU DID!!"

raschel said...

HAHAHAHAHA....oh...JESSICA!! LOL!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

raschel said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
Christie C said...

Too funny!

David and Teresa said...

That is hilarious!!!!!! the pictures were great...poor little evidences...but poor grandkitten Geoffrey. Nothing like balls in the face after a good scolding. Sorry Geoffrey. Don't you throw away my grandkitten. I didn't throw away you or Amy or Jess when you were naughty...tho i did THINK about it but well CPS would not have liked it...

Love you...mutha

Sandy said...

HILARIOUS!!! That was way too funny! I am so happy to know that others talk to their cats like they understand too!

Vagabond Mother said...

Is this all you got for your birthday? Darn that kitty!

Vagabond Mother said...

Is this all you got for your birthday? Darn that kitty!

Sarah Heder said...

I know I'm not the only person saying it, but this post is hilarious!!! The description, the pictures --- oh, how we relate! Our cat doesn't quite drag our ornaments all over the house, but we do find him trying to eat our tree all the time. I thought our kids would be the ones we'd have to fight away from touching the tree, but no, it's our cat, JETHRO! And, yes, I have cursed his name on many occasions! Ha!

Anonymous said...

lOVE THE LINE UP PIC!! sEE YOU SOON!

Unknown said...

LOL at "that's what she said"! That gave me the best laugh!!

Sorry your cat is evil. I adored my dog until I had Pearson, and I never loved her again. I didn't hate her or abuse her or anything, but she just didn't matter all that much to me anymore. She was fulfilling some sort of maternal thing in me and after I had a baby, I obviously didn't need that anymore.

Hope you keep liking your cat. He seems cute.