Wednesday, December 10, 2008

Yeah.. i'm gonna complain...LIVE WITH IT.

Complaint #1. I've been trying ever since i got laid off to keep up my art skills on the computer with freelance and shenanigens but our stupid computer is so slow i wanna kill myself. Everything i do that SHOULD take 5 seconds takes 5 MINUTES. Damn you computer!!! It makes it very hard to be productive and THEN i get depressed and watch HGTV. What a mess.

Complaint #2. I got a call from the lab at my doctor saying that i might have gestational diabetes and to come in for that dumb 3 hour blood test. If you've never taken this... be GRATEFUL. They keep you there for 3 solid hours taking your blood every hour... that's FOUR needles. yes. FOUR. Okay... i know i'm a wimp. BUT... i was sleeping inbetween pricks in a recliner which was fine... except for the last our where my sleep felt reallllly long and for a reason... the woman forGOT to wake me up but i woke up on my own... and NOT having my cell phone (stupid lindsay) just sat in this slightly dark empty room with NO clock reading magazines until she came and got me.....sooooo instead of the last prick being at 11:40am it was at 12:40!!! come on... you have a fricken timer woman.... uhhh... what a waste of a day. I better not have to do that test over again because she screwed up.

Complaint #3. My relief society president... What a piece of work...... If you aren't mormon... sorry... i'm not going to explain this, live with it....this is a venting session NOT a teaching opportunity...... Okay... so i'm in the primary with the little kids so i NEVER see the woman. I've talked to her a few times but she is such a loopy loon. I've been in the ward since... let's see... MARCH and i JUST NOW found out who i visit teach... YOU might say... "well why didn't you just ask." Okay smarty butt... i DID ask... i asked about 3 months ago and apparently i hadn't been added to the list of people for visiting teaching? really? again. I've been here since MARCH. So last week i get this call asking me if i did my visiting teaching... and i will admit... i was a little pissed because nobody even TOLD me i'd been put ON the list even though i asked like EVERY WEEK. and now i'm being accused of NOT getting it done? honestly? I hate you. Okay... so i went in to the RS room this past sunday and approached the relief society president and told her how they called me to see if i'd done my visiting teaching and i hadn't even been made aware of my assignment. Then i asked who i teach... she said (all flightly and feather brained)... "ohhh... well.. i'll call you." I've heard THIS before so i didn't wait for a call. I called around MYSELF and asked the VT person who i teach. She was very nice and gave me the numbers and names of my girls.... but here's the problem.... i have 3 SUPER inactive girls.... really? did you even think this through? you're going to give a PREGNANT woman in the PRIMARY THREE!?!?!?! people to teach? thanks. real nice. Whatever. i can do it. Well yesterday i finally get a call from Mrs. RS president but i wasn't around to get it.... oh but don't worry... she left a message.... a FOUR MINUTE message of her rambling on about how so-in-so is a pregnant teenager and "did i tell you she lived in so-in-so apartment? i'm not sure" I could hear papers turning in the background and she would sit there with 10 seconds of silence during the message and say... "hmmmm.... uuuuummm" OH MY GOSH!!!!!!! You're retarded. I know i should be more compassionate but honestly.. she's not some young girl who doesn't know the ropes.. she's a 40-something woman who LOOKS normal enough but doesn't seem to have it together upstairs. Okay.. i'm done bashing this woman... but seriously... who ACTS like this?

I guess those are the only three things bothering me right now.... Sorry to complain so much but i hadn't posted in a while and i have been thinking about all three of these things for the past two weeks now. That's all.... PHEW.

9 comments:

Vagabond Mother said...

That's NOTHING. I got a BLIND woman, a HOSPITALIZED woman, and a NON-ENGLISH SPEAKING woman, in my third trimester. No, I never did it.

I am sorry your computer stinks but WHAT??? I thought you were getting a new one like six months ago. What happened?

And that test stinks. You know me, I couldn't even finish it. I threw up after about a half hour of being there. My results were "inconclusive." I hope you don't have G.D.- lame! But if you do, you can help it a ton with a low-carb diet and exercise. It was actually kind of good that I was borderline with Raymond because it inspired me to focus on my health. Or something.

Laurie said...

Ugh, I'm so sorry, but at the same time somewhat relieved to know that someone else has ward frustration! I DON'T want to generalize, but I sometimes wonder if Utah wards are just a bit screwier than in other states.

Speaking of wards, I just found out yesterday that one of my top two favorite people in my ward is a personal friend of yours! Eric Allen lives about four houses down. I love that guy! He asked me on Facebook how I knew you. :)

Unknown said...

"honestly? I hate you."

My new mantra.

Love you, Lindseroni!

llcall said...

i have had the diabetes-test-from-hell too. the first time i had it, the results were inconclusive...so then they did a 6-hour one. just so they could tell me that i have hypoglycemia and i should eat more nuts. STUPID, IDIOTIC TEST!

i guess i also have some long-buried hostility (this was a decade ago).

Tara said...

Everything you mentioned totally sucks!!! That RS gal irritates me, have they assigned YOU any VTrs? I hope your BD is fantastic! You SERIOUSLY deserve QUEEN TREATMENT!!! (Enos, did you hear that? You had better be on top of the game there brother) I love you! *and you should consider a new computer for your BD. Take it from the dental fund, cause if you go insane from this stupid computer, it' won't matter how little debt you go into with his school. Lucas is coming, you NEED your outlet! :) (sorry to preach...ok, not really, but I love you again!)

Jessica the Jacked LDS said...

oh my gosh, why doens't ur post show up in my reader? this isnt private is it?

i like this VT lady and i think she would make me enjoy church all the more because of the drama she stirs up. you know how i like drama.

with MY new trash filled ignorant ward i've had to be very creative in finding ways to ENJOY each sunday. my philosophy is..."there's always something NEW!"

Vagabond Mother said...

I can't believe I am MISSING your birthday.

Happy Birthday tomorrow, and on a Friday, how cool!

David and Teresa said...

Allow the mother to express her opinion. Heavenly Father does not give us callings because we are perfect in that calling but he gives us callings so we can perfect ourselves. She evidentally (spelled incorrectly im sure) needs some growing in some areas and that calling will help her get there. Love you Pooh
Mutha

David and Teresa said...

I am so glad you do not have gestational diabetes, Lindsay. Milley had that with her last 3 babies. It is no fun and yes, especially for those of us who like sweets, etc. I was going to call you after I read the blog to check on you but then I read that you don't have it. Yeah!!! so I will just take a nap instead.

Love you and will talk to you later.
Mutha