Monday, December 15, 2008

The Pregnancy Class and a sad cow.

Enos and i had an all day pregnancy class on saturday... it was... long and in the end i'm not really sure i learned anything new except the names of each of the stages of labor... whatever. Most of it is just common sense.... "listen to your body" "relax" "focus on your breathing". Yeah... i know that. in fact, i'm pretty sure i learned all of those things from watching movies all my life. So anyway... the people in the video were so annoying... it was made in the early nineties and it seemed like all of them were having natural childbirth because OH MY GOSH... there was so much moaning from them... I really hate that. I understand that you are in a lot of pain but it just seems so dramatic to MOAN... am i right? I hate it when i'm watching A Baby Story and i see the mom MOANING and groaning... it reminds me of some wilderness show where they show a lion giving birth or something... come on. Today we had a doctor's appointment and the doctor asked how we liked the class and we were like... it was... alright... pretty good. And then we let loose and told her how retarded the videos were. We told her about the moaning and she was like... "really? yeah.. most women are pretty quiet... just focusing.." and then she started laughing about how it sounds like a really ridiculous video and how she'll have to watch it some saturday when she's not busy. I really like my doctor.

Now... the sad cow.... no.. it's not me.. it's an actual cow... enos and i saw him on the way to church... stupid me left my purse at home because "i won't need it"... except that my camera's in there and now i have to eXPLAIN the cow instead of showing you. So imagine a fenced piece of land covered in snow and a white fence..... the poor cows already looked so cold as we passed them and then right at the edge of the land where the fence ends was this pathetic brown ratty haired cow... standing with his face toward the blank fence... his forehead pressed against the fence and staring at the ground.... like he'd given up. it was SO FUNNY.... i felt so bad for him... Enos and i could not stop laughing...and I knew how he felt because i was NOT feeling church yesterday... my pregnant body was protesting. Anyway... lame story without a picture i know but use your colorful imaginations. Sorry about this post... i'm sure it wasn't as interesting as you were hoping for. oh well.

17 comments:

molly said...

not to sound snobby but yeah, go ahead and have natural child birth and not moan. don't hate until you try. how many weeks are you again?

molly said...

hello...i'm a retard. just saw the little ticker thing at the top.

molly said...

hello...i'm a retard. just saw the little ticker thing at the top.

Unknown said...

I can't believe how close it's getting!!

I remember being appalled at how old those stupid videos were, too! I was VERY quiet during Addison's birth, and did a bit of yelling during Pearson's. There was less PAIN with P, but a LOT more work. But at the same time, I wondered afterward if I only yelled because I felt like it was expected of me...

Jessica the Jacked LDS said...

i TECHNICALLY HAD natural childbirth with kora. Her head was sticking out of my vajj when they rolled me on my side after my too late to work epidural. just for the record..i did NOT moan at all. i too think it's ridiculous but then again, i'm very shy so i think that has a lot to do with it. i "whined" and complained a lot to austin about needing the epidural when the nurses didn't beleive i could have progressed that far in such a short time but moan? i think not. i too think it's a little funny. NOW, i WAS moaning after my epidural kicked in AFTER the fact and i had to sit in my bloody mess of a delivery bed until my legs came back...UGH. stupid nurses.

one thing i know...some women go into kind of a "trance" like state. i did not, but i know some ppl have (amber...don't tell her i'm making fun of her "humming" as she calls it.) maybe thats why they can't control it.

i dunno...

llcall said...

i have nothing to relate pregnancy-wise, but i can definitely relate to the poor, sad cow. i've been there...and sometimes (only occasionally) i've even moaned while there :)

Enos Heinzen said...

What lindsay didn't explain, was that the women moaned not during the pushing or the actual birthing....but during the first stages of labor. As they "slow danced" their way to baby glory.

Sandy said...

Poor sad moaners! I remember being in the hospital having Craig, awaiting my doctor's arrival to have my c-section, and all I could hear was this lady across the hall... was she moaning? No! She was SCREAMING! When I went into labor with Sam, yeah, it hurt (my labor pains were off the charts), but did I moan or scream? Heck no! I am above that, thank you very much! ;-)

Sandy said...

Sorry, one more comment... Amy and Brad have not had any classes due to their schedules and her forgetfulness; I was all stressed about that, but now I'm not, so thanks!

She has gained 40 lbs. so far! Yay!

Aymee said...

Lindsay, thank you so much for your comments on my blog! Let me just tell you, Enos and you are going to make the cutest little babies ever! The mixture of brown and white...beautiful I really must say!

Okay, moaning...I believe that's what you do when you make the baby. There's no moaning in delivering a baby. I remember one of my girlfriends told me, "Aymee, if you can run a marathon, you can definitely have a baby with no drugs." Boy was she wrong! I felt like I ran three marathons within the first 2 hours of less-than-a-minute apart contractions. I don't know how you plan on delivering, but I wish you the best in your decision. It will be smooth, I am sure. Sounds like your doc is really cool too, makes it great!

Sarah Heder said...

I, myself, am silent when I am in pain. No moaning from me. I'm surprised the moaning was the only party that really caught your eye in the video. I have to say, seeing a vagina 10 cm wide with a head coming out of it was pretty much what did it for me. You could say I was officially nervous after that. My first labor is a LONG story that ended in a c-section. My second labor is another LONG story that ended in another c-section. I was kind of bummed. I REALLY wanted to deliver a baby naturally. Oh well! At least they're healthy!

Staci said...

i wish you a labor like mine...no painful contractions..go to the hospital after work be dialated to a 7 and 95% effaced wait a hr still no painful contractions then get the epidiral while watching "family guy" and chatting it up w/ family. Then push out your baby pain free by midnight. Then when you take your first pic w/ your baby your make up is still on and you dont look dead. I was lucky. Easier then being preg.

David and Teresa said...

Pooh Diddy,
It is mutha and I also am not a moaner...too shy as Jessica would say...i guess. I don't like moaners in public either. But we all "do it" in our own way. I am more of the quiet type and the nurses even thought that I was not far enough along because I was also so quiet. Now after I had Amy there was a woman in the same room with me afterwards (only behind the curtain) and she moaned ALL NIGHT!!!!!!!! boy was I irritated. Not only because she was moaning, and then I had those after pains all night AND I don't like moaning BUT she was in my room moaning. AHHHHHHHH!!!!!!!!

Love you
Mutha
PS I guess we will see if you moan very soon, huh? teeheehee

David and Teresa said...

I don't yell either. Just can't do it...wouldn't be me...QUIET is the way to go. YEP
MUTHA

David and Teresa said...

Pooh

Do you think Molly is a retard? Did you notice she commented the same commented twice. Molly, you never were a retard as a young girl growing up when our families would get together...what happened?

Tee Hee hee.
Your mother's friend
Teresa but Mutha to my Pooh

David and Teresa said...

Pooh,
Sorry to clog you blog but I saw the cutest baby outfit and on the top it said The result of Mommy Kissing Santa Claus.

Hahahaha
Oh...Mutha

Aymee said...

Lindsay, you can tell Staci to just shut up:) Have a good day!