Sunday, January 25, 2009

Baby Shower in Utah

So i had a baby shower in Utah... it was a LOT of fun and i'm so glad for everyone who could come :)


MOST of the group... some people had to leave early

the DELICIOUS food


more food... and look at those cute "ugly" dolls my niece, Jade, made!

Everyone wore a diaper on their shirt... 2 of them had poo (chunky peanut butter in them... ew... nuts in poo. HAH)


This is the memory board i made because i'm picky and wanted to do art for my shower.... basically you have a whole bunch of words about being pregnant and then each match comes with a candy bar that describes the word... for instance... obygyn:butterfinger, sex: Good and Plenty, Penis: whatchamacallit, etc. .... it was REALLY fun. it was discovered by my sister, Jessica. Thanks for the idea sister.

these are the pictures i drew for the board.... enos came up with the penis picture... i told him i didn't want it to be too realistic... and he made sure that it looked like a thumb. HAH. thanks lovey.

this is part of Lucas' room. That bed is called an Amby bed and it's some Australian (i believe) bed. It's supposed to make the baby feel like he's being cozied. Tara just GAVE it to us so we gladly took it :)

this rug was something i found in one of tara's crafty books and i was like, "i want one of those!!!" so she told me how to make one and i did it!!! i think it fits with the monstery boy feel of the room :)

this is a stack of our gifts... the painting is something i did but up close it looks poopy so i probably will end up painting over it. It's too much of a monet (pretty from far away but a mess up close). The cute pillows i got at a furniture sale for 10 bucks!!! sweet deal :)

here's a close up of some of the items i got. I really liked all of my gifts... they were so thoughtful and given with love. thanks friends :)

...especially these oneies... my fellow artist friend from my old work created these monsters and put them on these clothes for lucas.... i know he will LOVE them. i love having creative friends...


.... speaking of creative friends... my friend Nicole made this AWESOME quilt for Lucas' room! it was so unexpected considering my inability to be a good friend and actually forGOT to invite her at first... wow.. i suck and she rules. Thanks Nicole!!! i love it!

And thanks to EVERYONE...from planners to visitors and bl0g readers and such... i'm so lucky to know some of the COOLEST people ever..... love ALL of you guys!!

13 comments:

Jessica the Jacked LDS said...

ok, oh my gosh. so did u take my advice and clear out ur closet for lucas? that space looks closet-esque. anyway, i love everything!! your memory board is WAY cooler than mine so i'll probably steal those images and use them next time i host a shower (except for enos' head...we don't want ppl think he's EVERYONE'S baby daddy).

I love love love the rug and you MUST share how to make one. I need about 4 of those.

the onesies are adorable.

the quilt is perfect! kora has one of those ugly dolls and jake said the little green one looks like roda the hutlet.

the food makes me hungry.

and the best part? i like the first picture where micah's fingers are sharp and pointy and at a glance, it looks like she has more fingers than she's supposed to. thats awesome.

tara is grand. i hope she can host MY next shower!! *wink* wink* pullout pullout!

Tara said...

I'm so glad everything went smooth, and it was seriously a huge JOY/HONOR to host your Utah shower. Thanks for letting me do it! Your friends are all so cool, it was fun to hang out with them for a few hours. The room looks AWESOME!!! I LOVE IT!!! The rug turned out SOOOOO cool! I bet even Staci is going to be jealous! (you know, since she is queen of coolness when it comes to baby boy style, but I think you got her on that rug) Seriously, fantastic job on his room! He is such a lucky boy. You should package that game with instructions and sell the images, they were the best! I love how the candy bars went with the subjects. Too funny! Ok, I'll talk to you later!

Staci said...

man im totally jealous i couldnt of come :(. YOu got some AMAZING stuff. That bassinet looks awesome! What fun! and why did you have to post a pic of all of tara's amazing yummy stuff!

Megan said...

Hey Linds! Your baby is going to be so lucky! You are SO talented! I loved the board you made for that game. The art is awesome! :) Congratulations! I can't wait for you to be able to see your new baby boy!

Unknown said...

HOW FUN! I keep seeing these and getting completely jealous! But then I remind myself that I invited myself to come visit you in a couple months, and I feel better. Phew.

That food looks AWESOME! YUM!

I LOVE your memory board. It's so funny! Especially the PENIS! HAHA!

Lucas's room couldn't be CUTER!! I love it! I love that rug (do tell how you made it)! I love the pillows! I love the shelves! It's ALL SO CUTE!

And HOT DAMN if your friends don't give awesome gifts! Can you invite them to my next shower?!

mica said...

Ew! My fingers DO look sick and pointy! The leaves were tickling the side of my face, I was trying to move them... nonchalantly. Matt said it looks like I’m trying to bust a gang sign!
The shower was fun George, thanks for inviting me:) I’m so jealous of unborn, baby Lucas’s room! I want to sleep there...

Sabra said...

Adorable, creative stuff. You so lucky.

Staci said...

ok at first i didnt read this post i just looked at the pics but now that i read it....you made that rug?!! that is awesome. I'm totally jealous Tara..mainly b/c i could never make any of that. I buy all my stuff :(..maybe i can buy a rug from you lindsay or just have my creative handy sis make one.

Vagabond Mother said...

Best shower, ever. I wish I could have been there. I really love that shower game. I spent a long time thinking about it. I'm not thinking very fast lately. But, at the end of the thinking, I concluded it was awesome. I'm so glad Lucas has a room. Henry never really had a room, and now he bites. I wonder if it is related.

Are you in shock that I made a comment? I think it's my first comment in four years time.

Amanda said...

Fun, fun! the time is almost here:) We tried Molly's amby bed with L...he didn't like it ...but did like sleeping on his tummy. Good luck I hope Lucas likes it:)

David and Teresa said...

Pooh
someone else got you the monster plate that I got you :(...I hate that. Hmmm....oh well, you will have 2 of them now.
Mutha

David and Teresa said...

Pooh I also love the rug...was it easy to make? I like my Lucas' room and I love all the creative friends you have and all the cute monster presents.
Love you
Mutha

Sarah Heder said...

You have some very crafty friends. I am loving the theme of the ugly dolls. And, I just like everyone else am in love with the rug. Good work!