Thursday, September 10, 2009

Have i left you for long enough?



first off... lucas and i went to the zoo on free SF residents day with our new friends... these are some of the children that i've come to love. and this is one of half of their mothers. does that make any sense? what i mean is.. these arent all her kids.

while we were there we saw this little friend. he came out of his "pin" and ate lunch with us and the stupid ugly seagulls.. yes i know.. they are all god's creatures... i just hate seagulls.. but less than pigeons.

k.. i also bought two of these potholders for my little kitchen. i found 'em on etsy.. i love 'em!!.. they don't match my kitchen at all (green and owls) but i didn't care.. they were speaking to me.



this is the broken heart painted on the sidewalk that i pass on the days i don't run early on the beach. It's about halfway through my jog and it motivates me. it's like, "if toby can do it, so can i!!!" of course... that's assuming toby didn't cry himself to sleep every night because he COULDN'T do it... poor guy. i hope he's okay whoever he is. plus it makes me laugh a little because i picture this guy drawing it...

and i've saved the best for last...

remember the chubby mexican i wrote about who would ride his scooter at warp speeds down the sidewalk in our apt complex in West Jordan? as we were packing up the last of our stuff guess who should show up, scooter and all!!! i couldn't resist.. i pretended to get a picture of eddie so i could remember this kid who always made me laugh about living in ghetto apartments. i'll miss you chubby kid. ps. i may have already posted this but i couldn't remember so i'm posting it again just in case.


can't you tell how weirded out he is? HAH.

okay... i guess that's it. i promise i'll be better about posting.

10 comments:

Aymee said...

Is that chubby Chanco taking a break from scootering so fast? Horizontal stripes don't compliment his curves. This picture is hilarious! I feel like I should have my camera with me at all times so I can whip it out when I see a chubby little Mexican...cause I see a lot of em.

Tara said...

Oh i LOVE the pics!!! Post more Lucas though, k? Little chubby is cute, have you seen any other kids his equal? btw, you should see EDDIE on his scooter! tiny 2yr old in a diaper zooming fast on a scooter with his leg up doing tricks. yeah, my insane child. I miss you so much! love you!!!

Staci said...

hahahah chubby scooter boy made my day. I love it!! Also sad toby made my day too hahah just looking at him makes me depressed but laugh too! Also its good to hear you are making friends out there..i thought it would be hard for you but you did well ;)

llcall said...

i love this post...so many good random things strung together. and also, that mother could almost be you. at first i was trying to figure out if it was you. and neal wants me to tell you that there's an invisalign commercial and that one of the women looks just like you. he mentions it EVERYTIME the commercial comes on, which means i've heard it about 73 times. it's great...i REALLY enjoy hearing it every. single. time.

use all this information wisely.

raschel said...

I'm jealous of your mommy friends. I tried to be social and last week planned to get together today for our first ever play date w/ multiple children/mothers..and every child was either sick or tired and it fell through. I didn't realize how much I was looking forward to it until it didn't happen. :-/ boo. I love your sneaky little picture of the chubby mexican. he's adorable.

Jessica the Jacked LDS said...

now where did u find these new friends? i have a a friend coming to a city near you really soon. her name is ironically...lindsay...spelled like u. she lives in italy right now so she super cultured...she'll love you.

nicole said...

well wish i could say i was there! Its better then the snakes under the car and you are totally right. . i still to this day think that their are creepy guys under the car. . or manybe now this creep fat little mexican kid.

David and Teresa said...

What a cute chubby boy. I hope that the scooter helps him with his weight. I always feel sorry for little kids that are kinda chubby because they have a harder time doing all the stuff they wanna do. Love you and am glad you have some friends. I knew you were too new to have them and see now you do. Mutha

Eddie sure is cute there.

Unknown said...

Ooo, the zoo sounds like fun! They have a good one, dont they? Glad you're gonna post more!

Goodnight moon said...

I really don't like to hear about you jogging on the beach in the mornings....

And all I can say about the mexican boy is OOOOOOOOO MYYYYYYY!!!!!!!