Friday, September 18, 2009

Say hello to my little friend


my sweet husband has an (for lack of a better explanation).."arts and crafts class" in dental school where they learn the basics of techniques they'll need in their practice. On this particular assignment they were supposed to make something out of sterling silver... so naturally.. most husbands made rings for their wives... but i asked enos for something EXTRA special.... a skull keychain... i designed it... he made it. Thanks Enos. i love you :) and i love my new little friend too.

***UPDATE*** enos wanted me to tell all of you that it's actually Silver silver.. not sterling... it's made out of wax first and then he casted it in plaster and then poured the molten silver into that. so yeah... that's how they make gold and silver crowns.

12 comments:

Staci said...

wow i love it...k you need to explain how he made it? Did he sculpt it w/ his own hands? That is really good. I want one!

llcall said...

that's totally awesome! it actually may be the coolest thing he does in dental school. or else i'm underestimating the awesomeness of dental school.

Stephanie Kelly said...

i love it!! its so you...and I want one! NOW!!!

Lindsay said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
raschel said...

i think you're awesome for knowing that you wanted something original. I probably would be like the other wives and tell him to make me a ring...only to know i'd never wear it b/c my rings are all pretty much "set" on my fingers (my wedding band/engagement ring and my college ring on the other hand) and feel like if you have TOO many, you look like paula abdul. i love the skull keychain. is it heavy?

Jessica the Jacked LDS said...

i think he should quit dental school and just start making these little charms to sell.

David and Teresa said...

I want one. On my tooth I mean. Love Dad

nicole said...

way cool, i want one!

Alys said...

Wow! That is awesome,

Unknown said...

Loooooove it! In fact, I ADORE it! I'm a little jealous!

Emily said...

Im reveling in your creativity! This little skull is great! (BTW the china town candies are called hi-chews and they are actually from Japan (I learned the other day). I say we take an excursion over to good ol C.T. and pick some up so you can see what I mean first hand)

Stacy said...

That's awesome! It turned out really good. So, dd Enos make the wax part, too?