Thursday, October 8, 2009

Our costumes...

they are as the new blog header indicates. :) that is... unless we get our box of costumes back from matt and mica.. in which case we'll ALL be bumble bees.

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

REPRISE:

okay okay ... listen up... these are our costumes....

Lucas- Bumble Bee... why? because it was on sale and we have NO money. don't worry sheriece... next year will be much better... though i must say... he looks so cute in his costume i could eat him.

Me- Bumble Bee... or as pictured above... Van Gogh.. with missing ear and all.

Enos- Bumble Bee... or a crazy toothed hillbilly (he made a set of disgusting teeth in class, remember "arts and crafts class"? same one.)


SIDENOTE: i'm surprised we haven't died today... the airplanes in our area are flying so FREAKIN' low right now it sounds like they are in the apartment upstairs. It's kinda like that feeling you get when you drive into a covered garage.. you keep feeling like your top is gonna scrape against the roof... but instead of a roof maybe sharp razor blades... and lets say your in a tall convertible. yes. scary. sorry i don't make any sense.

11 comments:

Goodnight moon said...

I'm confused....so Lucas will be a bumble bee...and your an artist that lives in San Fran with a mustache....and Enos is a dental student with spikie hair?!?!

Happy Halloween!!!!!

Unknown said...

Wait, are you Bob Ross?? Because if so, you need more 'fro! Love the bee thing! And a family of bees would be delightful. I have to say, though. I'm surprised that you're not doing something more macabre for your baby. I could totally see you guys doing something like a headless baby or a zombie baby! I mean, you are people who have a poster of different ways to die in your child's room! WHICH is why I LOOOOOVE YOU!

Jessica the Jacked LDS said...

yes, i'm confused.

Staci said...

I love the costumes can't wait..although i do think a bumble bee is uncreative...I thought the same thing when aymee told me Adalei was gonna be a bumble bee this yr too...but I have no doubt they will both be the cutest lil bee's EVER!

Stephanie Kelly said...

ahhhhhh Van Gogh!!! You freaking ROCK!! I want to eat that lil' Bumble bee too!

The Betitas said...

I am living vicariously through your creativity. Love the costumes. OH and it is fleet week so you will be hearing many many more low flying jets throughout the weekend! Ive heard its fun to watch. But maybe imagining razor blades and tall convertibles is funner.

Lil Eskimo said...

ernie would be so jealous. roman had a picture taken in a bumblebee costume when he was not yet one. i gave it away a loooong time ago. now he's sad dane can't wear it. so, see, bumblebees really ARE in demand!

David and Teresa said...

LOL!!!! LOL!!!! CANNOT STOP LOL!!!
I am laughing about how you are going to be Van Gogh "no ear and all"...Pooh you crack me up. What a sense of humor to be able to take a missing ear and use it to your advantage and see the humor in a no ear situation. I love you Mother...uh...er...Mutha... I am still laughing out loud!!!!!

raschel said...

ok, i have been MIA for a while...though I've kept up w/ your blog. I'm in a funk...i think it's the weather. I'm LOVING the costume ideas, but what the heck happened to your ear? you should blog about it. :)

I also love your blog header. I envy your creativity.

Aymee said...

You can tell Staci to go jump in a lake with a huge boulder tied to her heels for good measure. Our little babies are gonna be the cutest bumble bees EVER (and that's a fact)! I can't wait to see the costumes. I really want to see those Billy Bob teeth that Enos made. My Uncle has a pair that a dentist friend of his made and he wears them in his jewelry store sometimes, gotta love it.

Sarah Heder said...

I'm pretty obsessed with Halloween. I care more about my costume than my kids' costumes. That's the kind of parent I am. : ) I'm digging the Van Gogh costume idea. I might have to steal it for the future. I'm struggling with what to be for Halloween this year. I have an idea but may not be able to make it in time. Although, I did LOVE our family as gnomes last year. Please take a pic of your Van Gogh costume. I need to see details of what it looks like, especially the no ear part.