Sunday, January 27, 2008

My prophet, Gordon B. Hinckley

At the age of 97, President Gordon B. Hinckley of the Church of Jesus Christ of Latter-day Saints has passed away. I found out only a few minutes ago but already wanted to post and just publicly express my love for him as our prophet. I have never felt so close to a prophet before this because i think i was too young to really care or understand. What a loved most about him was his sweet sense of humor and upbeat attitude. He was the kind of guy you just wanted to hug. I'm glad however that he can be with his wife now. I can imagine that it was a very sweet reunion. I know this is a very unusual post for me but i just really appreciate this gospel. I would like to bear my testimony that i know that this church is true and that i have a strong testimony of it's truth and for the restoration and of our Savior Jesus Christ. While i am not an outwardly spiritual person i hope that you all know how deeply i know of this gospel's truthfulness. I know that a lot of people have died for the cause of this church and i am grateful for that. This is all kind of out of place on a blog, i know but i really do have a testimony and thought i would just briefly share it with you all. Thanks. That's it.

9 comments:

Unknown said...

Lovely post. I wish I could give you a hug.

Jessica the Jacked LDS said...

thank you linds...

Marian said...

What remarkably lovely words and thoughts. I had a profound sense of the Holy Spirit whilst reading them. I too wish to thank you my dear Lindsay.

Tara said...

That is very sweet Lindsay. Very thoughtful.

Vagabond Mother said...

That's awkward. Ha!

Just don't do it again.

Bill said...

nice post. I loved Pres Hinkley Sooooooo, what's new with you guys lately??? You seem very in touch with your emotions...what's going on with you? Something has changed but I can't quite put my finger on it...hmmmmm.

Bill said...

Sorry...I meant Hinckley

Lindsay said...

i'm not pregnant bill... so stop. turd. (there is that more in character for you?) HA!

Alex :) said...

Thank you Lindsay. Your words made my day. I feel the same.