Wednesday, December 19, 2007

Human Experiments...

So enos has this project in his sculpture class where he had to build a piece that is interactive with people...What does this mean....well... it means that in some way, he had to build something that people would touch or relate to... yeah, i didn't understand really until he told me what he was going to do... He built a doorway and put "ENTER" above it... Then, he set it in a high traffic area at BYU to see if people would walk through it... weird thing... not ONE GIRL walked through it... NOT ONE!!... if you can tell in one of the pictures...one girl looks like she really wants to walk through it but is afraid...I don't really know what that says about people but... it was an interesting experiment... it makes me wanna do more things like that... just to see how people react. The best person to walk through it were two guys who raised their arms triumphantly as they passed through it... Sadly, it happened too quickly for me to get a picture...but it was really funny. Enjoy the pictures, i've also posted a video of Enos' cousin Angelina walking through the doorway. She just happened to be in that part of campus when we were setting up. She wanted to help out and was the only girl to walk through because we told her too. I don't know why i thought it was so funny.. i guess because she was so eager...Also, i posted some pictures of the rest of enos' sculpture pieces... Pretty talented husband i have... I'm impressed by him all the time.






See how she gazes longingly at it?

I love this picture because it's the same girl but two other curious bystanders are by her side.

this skull is made out of BRONZE... he left it dirty looking because it fits the subject matter.

This is his glass sculpture... thats a tree carved into it.

This one is my favorite... it's marble with wire rapped around it. I just love the simple shape of it. It makes you wanna touch it, yes?

7 comments:

Tara said...

Uncle Enos, your artwork is AWESOME!!! But why didn't any girls go through the door? love, Jade

Unknown said...

Enos! You are brilliant, my friend, BRILLIANT! That is hysterical! Linday, thank you for the pictures! I love it!

Marian said...

Enos Darling, whilst you do possess a most bizarre mind, it would appear, based upon your sculpture class submissions, please do not abandon your dental career, I beg of you. You would never be able to keep our Lindsay in the manner to which she has become accustomed in such an endeavour. Seriously, most ahhh... interesting. :)
Love You Both Lashings

Jessica the Jacked LDS said...

I like the enter doorway. I would have walked through it but only because I'm odd. I think the girls were too self concious to do it. You know how girls are, they don't want to mess up anything.

Jessica the Jacked LDS said...

Now that I think about it, I would have probably jumped through it or walked sideways through it flat like a pancake kind of incognito like...as if I were in hiding. it's fun toy for me :) you guys should take it to different locations, odd places and just set it up and film.

Peter D said...

Enos, that's awesome. I love doing stuff like that where it messes with people's brains. It reminds me of when my brother Paul and I went panhandling on the streets of Stockton... in suits. Unsurprisingly, we didn't get much money given to us.

David and Teresa said...

Teresa (who is the mother in law of this special boy) writes I LOVED!!!! that ENTER thing. I would have walked through it also. Will it be coming to our town also? You know how exhibits travel and go to different towns. (examples the Vietnam Vets Wall came to Dallas and so did the King Tut Display) I hope this comes to our town soon. I WILL walk through it when it comes. Love you Enos

Teresa

PS other things i liked the sledding, seeing Alex in her workshop at Tara's, Mica (what a cute girl), My So leaving made me cry, the sculptures, Lindsay and the "emo" people...what is an emo?, the snow and the snow and the mountains with the snow.

Mother of the lonely penguin.