Tuesday, August 4, 2009

"Artist in San Francisco"

I decided to take pictures of a typical day of running errands....



first we have to drive through chinatown


...drive down the street...

..passed an old person using technology.. something i have never seen in my LIFE until now.


...passed about 2500 of these....

and then over the bay bridge. (we don't HAVE to go over it to go to Costco but this particular time we did. We had to go to a specific Costco to get enos a bike... we'll be going BACK over this bridge really soon to return it. HAH.. no for real.)

... and then finally to Costco... wait! i thought i drove OUT of Chinatown? i love it. we were like the only white people at this Costco.

Before this... enos decided to show me the view from the rooftop of his dental school. I guess if you are smart they give you roof access... we snuck up anyway.. HAH. We were really high and it was scary. We're both scared of heights. i was like 20 feet from the edge but it was SUPER windy and i was scared i'd blow off.... we stayed up here for a total of 5 minutes.




then... when we went to Target.. i saw Jessica.


WHAT!??! oh wait... that's just her doppleganger, Helen...
"hi helen" (yes i just gave her a name you idiots. i don't really know her.)


.. no but for real... it freaked me out.

lucas was like, "uhh hey nerd. that's not aunt jessie."
thanks for setting your momma right, peanut. but don't call me nerd...chubby.


then when we got home... God was there.... smiling.


that was a couple of our weekends in a nutshell.

I'll post pictures of our decorated place as soon as we are done.

Fin.

6 comments:

Staci said...

awe i love chubby! what a great eventful day..i love hearing about your daily adventures and fun pics of pl!

Goodnight moon said...

I know...your SHOCKED right?!?! I'm back!!! I was lost for awhile...but here I am. Love all the pics of San Fran! What a cool place to live!

Jessica the Jacked LDS said...

maybe we should change ur name to "Artist in China"? i dunno...i'm almost not believing your in san fran by the looks of things. and isn't the bridge supposed to be red??? i'm confused...that is...unless full house was A LIE!!???! what?!?!?

no way.

okay i love lucas. and koko keeps calling my baby in my belly lucas by accident.

David and Teresa said...

Well that looks like a fun place to go to school but not to live. Glad you were able to return the bike. Hug to Lucas. Love Dad

Vagabond Mother said...

Did that fancy bike I saw not work out for Enos?

It reminds me a lot of the weirdness of living in NYC- how normal things took a bit more effort to do. But hey, at least you've got wheels! I remember wearing empty backpacks on the subway to go to Costco in Queens. We could only buy what would fit on our backs. It was a lot of adventure for some tuna.

I love that bank of clouds that always hovers around there by your place.

I like that God is smiling at you, it gives me hope. But Lucas gives me more. . .

Unknown said...

Oh my goodness, how creepy is Jessica's doppelganger!? Eek!