Monday, August 3, 2009

Flippin' over a new....

... and guess what was under it? a whole new outlook on life. I know this may sound elementary my dear, Watson.... but i've decided to make every day of my life about service. see.. i have the HARDEST time liking people and the scriptures say if you want to find love for someone... serve them. so i 'm serving EVERYONE. starting with the missionaries... tonight i'm having them over for dinner. eeek. i hate signing up for dinners.. it seems so annoying to have strangers over to your house...but it fit right in with my new way of thinking so i did it. and tomorrow? we'll see. Also... i don't know why but i'm finding the most simple tasks to be RAGINGLY difficult. do you like that word? RAGINGLY... me too.. i made it up. anyway... i am SOOOO selfish so i want to change and the only way to do that is to be a server... not one of these...

but more like this guy...


so yeah... that's my goal. wish me luck (not literally.. i don't want a whole bunch of comments saying," good luck!" that'd be lame to check.) oh also.. i'm not gonna gossip anymore. i'm DONE.
I'm going to change the subject whenever someone talks about someone. so THERE. i feel really good about this...maybe it's because i live near one of these...



ahhh... so relaxing... that's all. just wanted to announce it and hopefully inspire others. it's already started working.... SEE HERE.

ps. i'll post pictures of where i live tonight after the missionaries leave.

9 comments:

David and Teresa said...

Lindsay
Good one. I totally, from personal experience, believe you will find alot of happiness from serving. Love you
Mother

Staci said...

WOW that is awesome Lindz...that is really a great goal..wish I could do that. But it's too hard for me to give up gossip and not liking pl haha jk. well sorta.

Matt said...

You go girl!

Jessica the Jacked LDS said...

hmmm...i tried to take on ur new perspective but apparently it's just not workin out for me.

thanks anyway.

Carolina said...

Good Work Lindsay! I fully support the new turn of your leaf!!!

And I think living close to the ocean might just do things to people!

Buena Suerte!!

P.S. Don't you just LOVE ghetto Stockton?? I miss CHUCKS...is there any way you can overnight me some of their pancakes?? Just wondering.

Mica said...

OMG, Chucks?! Heck yeah! I love eating their carbs...

Anywho, you're very inspiring Lindsay. I need to do the whole "leaf" thing now...or once I move to NC.

Unknown said...

I need a new outlook, too. Maybe you will inspire me!

You're awesome!

Drew said...

This is inspiring. Well done! Just remember to serve others for the right reasons-because you love God and want to serve HIM.

Vagabond Mother said...

I didn't know Mica still existed. That's weird.

As for your perspective, I think I had it once, for an hour or two.

We've fed the missionaries a couple times since moving to California. It really is a great thing. . . and I hate it. Well, until it is over. Then it is like, "That wasn't that bad."

Thanks for writing about this. It makes you seem more human. :)