Thursday, August 13, 2009

Suspicious City Stranger

Okay... so i've decided to make this a new part of my blog. once a week i'll post about some weird city person i came in contact with. This week's Suspicious City Stranger (come on say it out loud... you know it's so fun to say) comes from the line at the grocery store. I ran to IGA to get a tub of butter. I carried Lucas in his car seat because i didn't want him to wake up because he needed the nap but i absolutely needed butter. So i'm waiting in line at the check out counter and there's this youngish European guy in front of me. He looks something like this guy...


... but a less attractive version wearing a scarf. Anyway, he keeps looking my direction but towards the floor. Now keep in mind that i've set Lucas on the floor in his car seat while i'm waiting. And then finally he takes out his phone and thinks he's discretely taking a picture. Then i say, (thinking he'll be intimidated and stop) "are you taking a picture of my baby?" But he just keeps on doing what he's doing and says in his French accent, "no, i'm taking a picture of your feet." "my feet?" "no, both of your feet together." And at his calm, undisturbed response i get completely shook up and start laughing nervously and say, "oh okay.. haha.. ha." Dare i ask him not to? What's he going to do with this picture? What could be so interesting about mine and lucas' feet? lucas has socks on. Maybe he wants to show his friends in france how stupid us americans are putting our babies on the floor. I don't wanna be rude and ask him what he's doing with it... but hey!! it's MY feet! what if he has some weird foot fetish...*shivers* eeks. And after having all of these thoughts go through my head, i finally get up enough courage to counter his response... but he's gone. He's already paid for his one candy bar and left. Damn. I should have thought faster. And THAT my friends is this weeks Suspicious City Stranger.

8 comments:

Lil Eskimo said...

i haven't seen an iga since i was a tiny kid. hmmm...didn't know they were still around. but, that wasn't the point of the post. feet are way cool. pretty impressive if yours are photo worthy!

raschel said...

haha!! weird! I would have NO clue what to say and probably would've turned red.

Laura said...

I need to see a picture of your feet now to see why he was so intrigued...are they gorgeous? or freakishly big? tiny? spotted? hairy?
Was he trying to be sarcastic? Like "of course I'm taking a picture of your baby! what would I be doing? Taking a picture of your FEET?" hmmm...I'd start stalking the IGA to see if you could run into him again.

Maegan said...

Ewwwww....

Sabra said...

This will be a great weekly post. You will have SCADS of worthy candidates to be sure. City life is so crazy. Hang in there, chickie.

Jessica the Jacked LDS said...

u should have told him that he can only take a picture if he promises to massage them afterwards...well that's what 'I' would have said. only because mine are sad, puffy and sore.

Sarah Heder said...

This scene belongs in a movie. Now I'm dying with curiosity why he wanted to take a picture of your feet and Lucas'. Strange, but kind of cool at the same time.

Unknown said...

HAHA! WEIRD!!!

I feel like this needs a song a la Concords...