Thursday, August 20, 2009

City Stranger: ANOTHER frenchman?

This week's city stranger was ALSO in a grocery store and was ALSO french (i think, or german... the accent was kind of a mix) anywho... I was walking through the narrow isles of the grocery store and was confused on which isle the items i needed were on... i paused and decided i needed to go back the way i came from so i turn around... but at that very moment "the frenchman" does the exact same thing coming from the opposite direction leaving us face to face trying to get passed each other. I looked at him and he had the same expression on his face as i did... just confused. Then we both started laughing and got passed each other. Then we were on our ways again... in different directions. Later on, i ran into him again... by the sour cream and he said, "where did you get that one?" as he points to my cart. I said, "which one?" looking down at my groceries... "the one on your chest" He was referring to Lucas in the Baby Bjorn. I smiled and said, "oh... he came from a special isle... it's only open some days. " he smiled and said, "the day he was born!" "exactly!", i said. we both laugh again and then he's off again. Not suspicious but fun nontheless. i don't really think i was out enough this week to meet someone suspicious.

(looked like this guy... but with salt and pepper hair)

5 comments:

Staci said...

He seems pretty pleasent! I just hate strangers esp in grocery stores in general so you were very nice!

llcall said...

someday i hope to meet a stranger like him. when i meet older guys incidentally, they are crrreeeeepy!

Jessica the Jacked LDS said...

okay how are u finding pictures that look LIKE these ppl? what words are you putting into google image search? that makes me nervous.

Stephanie Kelly said...

seems pleasant but I actually hate it when people are pleasant to me in public places. They don't know me!! And if they knew me, they would know that I'm really a B-e-otch; they wouldn't be pleasant to me. Plus I think people should mind their own business! hahah ewwww look at me I've turned into one of THEM...that's right a Utahan! (they freak out when someone smiles or says something nice to them)...they don't know what to do back...Yes, you smile or say hi back. And it doesn't hurt to say "excuse me" either. Man I miss the south!

Unknown said...

That's awesome. I love when you meet someone really nice. It kinda makes your day!