Friday, February 20, 2009

White Trash Moments?

Okay so things having been going alright here with Lucas and all but it's been hard to adjust...My sister, jessica always talks about these white trash experiences she has and i've decided that these only happen once you are a mother. Here's mine....

So a few days ago i called the doctor to tell them about my bodily aches and how i think i have an infection... the nurse said that she'd prescribe me some antibiotics for that and send it to the pharmacy of my choice... i told her... "the draper walmart"... stupid me.. i meant to say the SOUTH JORDAN walmart... but i wouldn't realize i'd said this until i got home from trying to pick UP the antibiotics.... SO.... here's how it went.............I load up the babe and we're off to walmart... i didn't put on my wedding ring because, well... it doesn't fit right now and it was cold outside so i slipped on my Led Zepplin hoodie not realizing how badly i was setting myself up FOR a white trash moment. After i drive there, i put lucas, still in his car seat in the cart at walmart... he fills up the whole space with my purse and his diaper bag and yeah... it looks ridiculous... Then i start sweating.. because that's what happens nowadays with these hormones leaving my body... so then my makeup starts coming off and i'm waiting in line at the pharmacy and asking this girl at the counter about my antibiotics.. she says that nobody called them in.... WHAT? (realize again... i still didn't know i'd told the nurse.. the draper walmart) ... anyway.. So she asks, "well.. do you wanna call their office?" and i'm like Yeah... let me do that... oh WAIT... my cell phone is at home... STUPID. So i ask to borrow THEIR phone on the opposite side of the counter... all while i'm sweating and looking white trash and then... just for fun... let's add something ELSE white trash... LUCAS starts crying.. yeah. I'm reaching over the counter to get to press numbers to lead me to the right person on the phone while my baby cries and ANOTHER white trash couple pulls up with their cart and ugly baby and stare at me like, "get your kid to shut up." Okay.. i would except that... I'M ON THE PHONE!!!!! i was so fricken frustrated....and let's add ONE more thing to top it off.... the girl behind the counter brings me two tubes of cream and says... oh yeah... i see that you ordered... um.... these. They were tubes of cream for my squiddlypooch that i'd ordered right after i got out of the hospital because IT hurt so bad... i didn't need them now though... but thanks for giving them to me NOW... or this moment would have never been made possible.... oh WELL.... in the end i got my pills and now i'm feeling MUCH better... Hopefully i can prevent the NEXT white trash moment....

5 comments:

llcall said...

why would you want to prevent these moments? the stuff of life, i tell ya, stuff of life!

Jessica the Jacked LDS said...

cream for your wha??? is this a new term that you made up and only u use? or did u get a dog and i don't know about it.

welcome to the wonderful world of WT!!!

David and Teresa said...

I love youand Lucas....whitetrash and all. You too Enos. This is the mutha and she loves you and feels like she REALLY should have stayed till Sunday. That is what I get for not listening to the "still small voice"
Glad you are better....Hi sweet Lucas
Mutha

Carolina said...

Do you feel like you've finally been let into a club that would never let you in unless you had a baby on your hip or somewhere in close vicinity???

I look forward to all the WT moments you will now share!!

Anna said...

lol...and yah, i'm waiting for your hospital list too...you do realize that if you wait till you get a decent amount of sleep before you do it...we may never get it! :)