Monday, February 9, 2009

We have BABY

Sorry freaks...I DID go work out, and then I came home and took a bubble bath, and then I went to Target to shop and eat nachos...then I remembered everyone was counting on me so I'm here now.
Lucas Edward Heinzen
Born @ 7:21am
Weight 7lbs 2 oz
Length 19.5 inches
Pushing lasted 40 minutes and Lindsay was told she's a "pro" at birthing.
There WAS rippage and stitches...but only considered a #2 in level of badness.
He has all body parts and the right number of them.
He has black girl hair...dark, kinda sparse and wavy like finger curls.
He is getting cuter post birth and has muppet features.
Lindsay tried boobing immediately after birthing and he has not latched yet but the nurses are supportive and they are encouraging Lindsay to try again even though she doesn't want to.
After birthing and feeding, Lindsay took a nap and Enos fell asleep in his chair with his head back and his mouth open.
**DRAMA**
Lucas stopped breathing while being bottle fed and turned a blueish color so they are running tests on him now and taking X-rays. All is well, don't freak.

21 comments:

Vagabond Mother said...

Lucas, don't turn blue. I don't like that at all.

I'm excited to seem him, boobing or not.

mica said...

Aw, Lindsay, you're a Mommy! I'm so happy for you and Enos :) I can't wait to see your handsome, Heinzen SON later today!!!

raschel said...

i'm so happy for you!!!!!! :)

Christie C said...

Congratulations!

Staci said...

ahhhhhhhhh congratulations!!! I'm so excited for you guys...this is one baby we have been really waiting and excited about. I can't wait to see pics. Good job mommy w/ the labor and good job daddy w/ the support!

Kristen said...

Congratulations Lindsay and Enos!! Can't wait to see pictures :)

Carolina said...

I love this live blogging action!!
Congratulations Lindsay...how exciting!!!

Laura said...

congrats! Swallowing and breathing at the same time is hard work, so get it together Lucas!

Sarah Heder said...

Yeah! Yeah! Yeah! Congrats! Can't wait to see pics. Hang in there with the nursing. I promise it will be annoying at first, but it really will get so easy.

Mom said...

Whoohooo! Congratulations!!! Happy Birthday Lucas!

Amanda said...

YEAH! CONGRATS! I hope all is well with Lucas and I can't wait to see pic's!

Stephanie Kelly said...

YAYYYYY Good for you guys!! cant wait to see the lil' monster!

Vagabond Mother said...

Oh, and I'm loving the birthday and I think he will be best friends with Raymond and Henry.

10-05-05
11-17-07

AND. . .

2-09-09!

I don't know what this means, except they are all such neat and tidy birthdays. And I don't want to have the next baby in two years to keep up the numbers. So you'll have to. And I'll think about it in 2013, but not really.

Unknown said...

Oh my gosh! My stupid internet went down at work today, and even though I knew it wasn't working, I still kept hitting refresh all day!

I'm so happy for you, Lindsay. I'm sure you were AWESOME in delivery! I am DYING to see pictures! Keep us updated, I hope he doesn't have another non-breathing spell! Scary!

Love to you, your sweet husband, and your precious son.

llcall said...

great news! way to deliver on the updates, lindsay's sister and lindsay the pro for planning it all out so carefully.

LJ said...

Congratulations!!!

Tara said...

LUCAS PICS ARE ON MY BLOG!!!

Zinser Photography said...

Congrats Mom and Dad! Hope everything continues to go well. Anticipating photos...

Zinser Photography said...

Congrats Mom and Dad! Hope everything continues to go well. Anticipating photos...

Anna said...

congratulations!! and my mom and dad say congratulations too :)

Laurie said...

Congratulations, Lindsay and Enos!

Lindsay: Don't give up on the breastfeeding... I can't even tell you how many women I know (myself included) who wanted to quit trying because it's so frustrating on both ends of the boob! :)